Bodyguard love

shinyedges

Unfaltering Love & Undeviating Will
Gold Member
Platinum Member
Just wanted to post up some really beautiful user pics of a well used and loved Ben Seward bodyguard. The hamon is covered with patina and looking straight at the knife one may not notice the beautiful hamon (well a non knife person wouldn't) but held at the right angle the hamon still pops out with all it's awesomeness:

Here's the side shot looking straight at it:

Foot just for you @RevDevil

Here is the sweet angle view:

A great model by Ben....I’ve got a fancy one and what was Ben’s personal knife, I wanted it because it was well loved before I got of.

medium800.jpg

I think the knife in the OP's photos is in fact a Reflex.

Regardless, great knife.

This is a bodyguard, I met Ben at bladeshow and he got my information and contacted me, he made this knife specifically for me based on my requests and intended use. I asked for all the differences you see on my bodyguard, this was to be a hard use farm knife and it didn't disappoint.

Surely an heirloom that will go to my sons, only issue is I need another one so each son gets one.

Reactions: mb>
Damn, just gorgeous.

Great knife indeed! Cool to see it getting some use.

I believe the Reflex is guard-less (?). 6” version:

qBeIpYsl.jpg
He makes the Reflex with a guard as well. You will see it if you look on his IG.

I just do not see the characteristic recurve you normally see on the BG on the OP knife. (like in Dudley's picture or my recent post here)

J jceckrosh Yeah I get it. Wasn't sure if the Reflex was defined by the blade or the whole combo. Couldn't recall if I had seen one with a guard or not. :thumbsup:

This was a Bodyguard spec'd with the sweeping belly as opposed to the recurve. It worked better for this one's intended use. Dimensions are the same as the BG. The Reflex is usually smaller and sleeker as the one pictured. Great to see one in use!

Back