Boguszewski Cobra #18 - initial impressions

UPS just dropped it off about 10 minutes ago.

Big - I knew it was going to be big by the specs, but this blade is HUGE!

Lightweight - I wasn't prepared for that. Compared to my Obenauf model 1 and Kershaw Boa, this thing is a featherweight. Actually, I kinda wish it were heavier. It feels "too light".

Flipper -- requires a little "different" flick to open it, but it sure works as advertised. Very nice. Note -- it CLOSES just as easy as it opens. Unlike the Boa I'm used to. Where's that "cut myself" thread. :-(

Thick -- thicker than I normally buy, but it feels good in my hand, and carries nicely. Not too thick or too long, so it doesn't feel in the way clipped inside my pocket.

Clip itself -- knife rides low, which is a plus. It could stand to be a little shorter and perhaps not polished, so as to attract less attention, but it's not too tight, like so many, so I can actually take it out and put it back in my pocket one-handed. My Mayo TnT is the only other one I can say that about. The clip doesn't instill quite as much confidence as the TnT though.

Blade -- shape is beautiful. That's what drew me to this knife. I won't try cutting anything until I make up my mind if it's a "keeper". I wish it had a thumb-ramp on the back of the blade, but that's a personal thing.

Overall. Haven't decided yet. I love the blade & flipper, which is I why I bought it in the first place. Not sure where it fits with my other knives.

bogus.jpg

Up and down eh? It is a different animal than the Boa, that's for sure, if you do get tired of it....let me know and maybe I'll have something you'd like in trade?

G2

That is one nice knife.
I love that blade shape. It's cool that it has a clip. Many knives that classy looking do not come with a clip. The clip only adds practicality, and it still looks great. Thanks for the pics.

GOOD GAWD MAN!
That folder has "KEEPER!" written all over it!

You should think long and hard before returning that one Michael. If your not immediately tied to it, I think you will be in awhile.

Looks good, but SPECS, SPECS, SPECS!

How big is it? What is used for blade, liners, bolsters and scales? I GOTS TO KNOW!

Yeah, it's grown on me. A lot like my Patton fixed-blade -- cool at first, now _very_ cool. :)

Specs currently available at BladeArt. Mine is the second one down.

The pictures really don't do it justice. It's much nicer in person. Wish I had a scanner, or knew of one that worked under MacOS X. I'd buy one just to post a nicer picture.

Mike

FYI, if you like this Cobra, you might like the Dobruski Prometheus. If I hadn't bought this Boguszewski, I'd have bought one -- in fact I still might. Haven't handled one in person, but I sure like the pics.

Prometheus1.jpg

Mike

Just wanted to reiterate what has been said before.

It's AMAZING that a liner-lock can open and close this easily.

Wow.

Mike

Back