Boker Barlows

Hi All,
I'm working on a new collection. Specifically, I'm trying to get my hands on the Boker Barlow series, 492, 493, 494, and 495. The 493 with the clip point blade is relatively easy to come by but I'm having little luck finding the others. Does anyone have this set of knives (show some pics!)? Where is a good place to find them?

There are German, American, and Argentine variations out there. I have a German Solingen Clip point and a USA Spear point. Pawnshops, Gunshops, the exchange, antique malls, and online dealers - they are out there - finding them is the trick. Good Luck, OH
Boker-USA-492-Barlow.jpg

B-ker-493-Barlow-2.jpg

txbladeboy, you may already have it but if not, there is a new book on Boker knives with a complete chapter on Boker Barlow models, including the ones you are asking about.

View attachment 1288377

I should try to find that book - curious about the different ownerships, tree stamps, etc. Found this pretty much unused knife at the Mystic Knife Show last year...

Tab3TTJ.jpg

I should try to find that book - curious about the different ownerships, tree stamps, etc. Found this pretty much unused knife at the Mystic Knife Show last year...

Tab3TTJ.jpg

Just punch "Boker Book" into google and you'll find it.
Nice Barlow example.

My favorite Boker Barlow!!:) A little beat up, but it has a great bolster!!
Not sure how that one is "Beat Up", Charlie. It looks like a fine user to my ancient eyes. :)
Don't look like it is much of a fingerprint and smudge magnet, either. That is always a "good thing", IMHO. :)
Are the blades floppy, and that is what makes it "beat up"?

Not sure how that one is "Beat Up", Charlie. It looks like a fine user to my ancient eyes. :)
Don't look like it is much of a fingerprint and smudge magnet, either. That is always a "good thing", IMHO. :)
Are the blades floppy, and that is what makes it "beat up"?

There are just some "dings" in the bolsters! The blades are tight, and it has pretty normal wear on them! It's actually a nice knife!;)
Since my favorite part is the not-too-common bolster stamp, the "dings jump out at me!:rolleyes:

Looks like Boker is coming out with a Barlow that has handles made from wood from a German castle built in Solingen in 1133. Going to have an O1 steel blade.

I saw that. Boker is always coming up with interesting materials to put into their products:

Castle Burg is a landmark of the Bergisches Land, rising above the river Wupper near the Boker Manufactory. Count Adolf II. von Berg had the castle constructed on the foundations of a 10th-century fortress. It was finished in 1133. Today, it is one of the biggest castles in western Germany, inseparably connected to the Duchy of Berg and the Counts von Berg (1068-1225). Even today, Burg Castle still reflects the enormous wealth of the dynasty and their far-reaching influence in Northrhine-Westphalia. Count Engelbert II. von Berg was also the Archbishop of Cologne. We keep in touch with the historians of Burg Castle because the corporate history of Boker can be traced back to 1674, when the tree was first entered as the company's trade symbol for tools, and because our history is closely connected to that of the Bergisches Land. Right now, large parts of the castle are being faithfully restored. This includes the replacement of ancient solid oak planks. This inspired us to preserve the historic material for future generations, skillfully turning it into handle scales in our Manufactory. This was the foundation of our knife series Boker Schloss Burg, comprising seven traditional knife styles steeped in history. Apart from the scales of historic oak wood sourced from Burg Castle (Schloss Burg), the knives also feature brass liners and blades made from O1 carbon steel. Highlighting the authenticity of the knives, the blades are finished with a special acid wash, which also protects them from harmful environmental impact. All styles are handcrafted by Boker Manufactory Solingen as a strictly limited edition of 1133 pieces worldwide. They come with a new version of the historic Boker tree symbol. The traditional Boker Club Knife is the elegant brother of the famous Boker Sports Knife, known in North America as the Camp Knife. While the dimensions are almost the same, this knife has a more continuous shape, uninterrupted by tool cutouts. The typical metal bail for attaching a knife chain is also missing from the Club Knife. The historic blade design doesn't lock. The long nail nick, also known as a long pull, is equipped with fine teeth, perfect for striking suitable matches.

It's going for about $250. A bit pricey for me, but this is likely to be a collector's classic.

Back