Boker Celebrates 150 Years

herder

Gold Member
A tip of the hat to Boker for celebrating their 150th anniversary this year in 2019. While 1869 was the date when Heinrich Boker and Hermann Heuser formed a Boker company in Solingen, Germany, the company's roots actually date back to 1829 with brothers Hermann and Robert Boker. Boker has always been one of the top worldwide cutlery companies with a strong and impressive history behind them. Here's to the next 150 years!!!

View attachment 1064358

Fantastic stuff my friend :) :thumbsup:

8GeMKZZ.jpg

Very nice indeed Rachel, Boker are a really fine cutlery house :) I'm currently eyeing up this Boker Savannah to add to my birthday wish-list ;)

120720.jpg
Treat yourself! That's ram's horn, right?
Boker's bolster stamp is one of my favorites. (especially the older "skinny tree" version) :cool::thumbsup:
I think the little ivory one is 1860-1880s, if my tang-stamp chart is right. I don't know how old the stockman is, maybe 1950s? There's something about it that I just love. It's a real "Grandpa Knife"! :D
AwZh7KP.jpg

Boker's bolster stamp is one of my favorites. (especially the older "skinny tree" version)
Totally agree about the tree and I have a great fondness for the "Arbolito" knives. You should post your super special ivory tree shield! :cool:

Wonderful examples, Jack, r8shell, Fodderwing, and black mamba!!
Thank you sir.

Bokers have always been one of my favorite traditional brands. I had no idea they were 150 years old.--KV

Back