Boker copying the Becker line?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the story on this? This was posted up over in the Kabar forum, and I'm curious about how this came about. How much control does Boker actually have over the Magnum line?

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1112907-Boker-ripping-off-Becker

I'm not trying to stir up trouble here, but this is a pretty blatant copy of the Becker handle shape.

~Chris

Definitely a rip-off...

From what I understand, Boker does in fact just re-brand generic asian made knives for their Magnum line.

I think it would do a lot of good for their reputation if they dropped the Magnums all together but I can't see that happening as I'm sure it's pretty profitable.

Now the Plus line is a totally different story, it's the same idea as Spyderco making knives overseas. And of course, the Tree Brand stuff made in Solingen is fantastic.

I wish Boker wasn't so frowned upon here as a lot of their stuff is very good and the plus line puts out a lot of unique collaboration knives.

No one wants to address this? Boker is selling a blatant rip off of Ethan Beckers handles that are on all of his full size knives. Even calling it Magnum Camp Light......... Like the Becker BK5 Magnum Camp............

This is nothing new and has been seen by Boker with multiple manufacturers, including Kershaw and the Zero Tolerance brand. It's shameful in my opinion.

That's too bad.

I've got a little Boker Kalishnikov auto that I was given for free,
does anyone know if it's a knock off of some other auto?

I really like it, and would like to get something similar but larger
(but obviously not from Boker, that up there is a demonstration of some profoundly poor taste :thumbdn: ).

They also got a magnum that looks allot like a buck vantage. Im a boker fan own lots but these copies dont impress me........

They must be trying to answer using some form of the earliest dial-up internet or maybe telepathy..........

Ya know, I WOULD like to see Boker's response on this. I would honestly have a lot more respect for the company if they STOPPED doing this. They make plenty of fine knives for the plus, Arbolito, and Tree brands, they don't need to rip other people off! I mean they have Todd Begg designs! The fact that they ARE ripping off designs from other makes really upsets me. My FIRST knife was an Old Boker. I WANT to love this company, I really do. But I just can't when they do stuff like this! It casts a black mark on everything they do. It breaks my heart to see it happen.

Seriously Boker, stop copying designs, and face up to what you did. Admit it, and then try to work to put it behind you.

Yours Truly, a concerned fan and customer.

I hear from a fellow German friend and knife collector that the German knife companies are going down hill. He is now collecting American knives like Buck.

Hello guys,
The only statement I can really make at this time is that we at Boker USA do not import or sell that item. Never have and never will. It will not be made available in the US at any time.
I will update this when more information is received from overseas on this situation.
Terry

good to hear! keep up the good work.

Good work? Over a month late with some canned response that he will update when he hears more... Nice work Boker. Good news is they won't lose my business because I wasn't buying any of their garbage before, and certainly won't give any business to a company in the future that blatantly rips off other knife makers.

Good work? Over a month late with some canned response that he will update when he hears more... Nice work Boker. Good news is they won't lose my business because I wasn't buying any of their garbage before, and certainly won't give any business to a company in the future that blatantly rips off other knife makers.

as long as they are not importing them or selling them in the USA, that's pretty good.

they probably cannot comment beyond what stated because of legal issues in progress / liability and/or agreements and/or yah, that stuff.

as long as they are not importing them or selling them in the USA, that's pretty good.

they probably cannot comment beyond what stated because of legal issues in progress / liability and/or agreements and/or yah, that stuff.

I agree that it's at least good they don't sell in the US but the fact that they did this at all is a damn shame... paying Ethan royalties or a licensing fee would go a long way in making things right here i would think.

He did NOT deny Boker (Germany) was stealing others works just that they (Boker USA) would NOT import them directly into the USA. I appreciate he tried to answer, but suspect he knows the real answer would NOT be popular. I did think German Boker was respectable, but that seems to be a myth.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back