Boker exskelibur problem

I bought 3 exskelibur bokers, all ti frame lock, 2 have carbon fiber show sides, and 1 is all ti. The 2 carbon fiber ones are amazing. The all ti one has terrible blade centering. I adjusted the pivot, and the even with the lowest "smooth" opening, the blade is way off center towards the show side. I took it apart, and there was already major circular wear on the frame side of the blade. I'm just getting into folders, preferring fixed blades all my life, and I don't know what to do. The carbon fiber ones I gave as groomsmen gifts, and I'm stuck with what I thought was the nicest one, but it is very dissatisfying. Any ideas on how to fix this would be great. I still can't figure out how to post pictures here, sorry...

This does not sound like something you could fix by yourself, and it is pretty unusual for this model.

Please contact your seller and return this one, to get it replaced.

I bought 3 exskelibur bokers, all ti frame lock, 2 have carbon fiber show sides, and 1 is all ti. The 2 carbon fiber ones are amazing. The all ti one has terrible blade centering. I adjusted the pivot, and the even with the lowest "smooth" opening, the blade is way off center towards the show side. I took it apart, and there was already major circular wear on the frame side of the blade. I'm just getting into folders, preferring fixed blades all my life, and I don't know what to do. The carbon fiber ones I gave as groomsmen gifts, and I'm stuck with what I thought was the nicest one, but it is very dissatisfying. Any ideas on how to fix this would be great. I still can't figure out how to post pictures here, sorry...

How unlucky. The boker Exskelibur framelock are actually one of my favourite knives. They are so light and thin.

Typically from what I have seen the carbon fibre versions are the ones with centring issues. You should either return it for exchange or contact boker customer service.

The replacement, and refund were declined by both the vendor and Boker because I tried to fix it myself. They include a tool to take the knife apart, but said I should not have done that. I'm thinking about adding another teflon washer to the show side to fix the issue...

I have a G-10 Exskelibur II on the way that has the spine jimping on it. The very new production ones don't. I hope the centering is ok on it. I got it NIB for $75. I don't like the nail nick but I like the knife enough to live with it and not spend $400 on a Trevor Burger which isn't much different than the Boker. I will be rubbing out all that nasty printing on the blade and it will be a low level beater Burger knife that can get lots of use with no guilt of damaging. The only real difference between the two is the Burger has lock bar relief and a different stop pin but the weight, blade thickness and about everything else is the same. I know I will probably have to do a major tuning on this knife to get it to flip super smooth but I'm good with that.

I have a G-10 Exskelibur II on the way that has the spine jimping on it. The very new production ones don't. I hope the centering is ok on it. I got it NIB for $75. I don't like the nail nick but I like the knife enough to live with it and not spend $400 on a Trevor Burger which isn't much different than the Boker. I will be rubbing out all that nasty printing on the blade and it will be a low level beater Burger knife that can get lots of use with no guilt of damaging. The only real difference between the two is the Burger has lock bar relief and a different stop pin but the weight, blade thickness and about everything else is the same. I know I will probably have to do a major tuning on this knife to get it to flip super smooth but I'm good with that.
The Trevor burgers are far superior to the junk bokers. They are very different despite looking similar. Just sayin.

Yeah just sayin, who is saying Bokers are the same as Burgers even though the field grade Burgers aren't much different than a Boker. The materials on A Boker are about the same as a field grade Burger in G-10.

burgers

The materials on A Boker are about the same as a field grade Burger in G-10
Beg to differ. They are completely different grades of materials. The boker being subpar grade ti and cf in comparison. The heat treatment of the steel on the bokers is budget. The construction and execution of them is clearly different...

I have both. It's clear as day they only resemble in shape only.

Beg to differ. They are completely different grades of materials. The boker being subpar grade ti and cf in comparison. The heat treatment of the steel on the bokers is budget. The construction and execution of them is clearly different...

I have both. It's clear as day they only resemble in shape only.

Uhh, they are both 6al-4v ti.

Uhh, they are both 6al-4v ti.
Im fairly certain the boker is not USA grade ti. Feel free to test it to prove me wrong. The ti on the liner lock version is even lower quality, possibly cast ti.

Im fairly certain the boker is not USA grade ti. Feel free to test it to prove me wrong. The ti on the liner lock version is even lower quality, possibly cast ti.

Grade 5, 6al-4v is not only usa grade. It is one of the most commonly used titanium grades in knife habdles. Virtually every ti handled knife I have ever seen the material listed it is 6al4v. I wouldn’t see why they don’t use it. I’m almost certain they don’t use cast titanium, it would be cheaper to cut the locks and liners out of a titanium sheet.

I received the Exskelibur II today and it was surprisingly in no need of any attention. No blade play, no lock stick and the blade is centered. It flips very well and easy and the detent isn't too strong or too soft. Pretty nice knife other than the aweful nail nick but I will get use to it. The pocket clip isn't my favorite as well because I like deep carry but I have a Benchmade clip that I will replace it with. I have heard people whine about the jimping on the blade and how it doesn't have enough lip to flip that well but for my hand it is good and I have no problems flipping very easily. Super surprised with this knife not having any issues. I have heard so much about blade centering issues and lock stick that I assumed I would be having to tweak this knife. All I need to do is rub out all the print on the blade and it is pretty much perfect. I don't expect this to be a Burger but is a Burger 4 or 5 times the knife this is because the price is ? No. For this being a production Burger it's pretty nice and I can't complain for $75. I'll take this over a Spyderco Delica and they are the same price and blade steel. I recommend this knife if you can get one with the jimping on the blade and you don't get one with a bunch of issues. It's too bad the very latest productions of this knife are without jimping. You can still find some places that have the jimping version but you should ask before buying one. I'm satisfied with this and can't wait to rub off all the printing on the blade and it will look classier. I am giving this 4 out of 5 stars. This is going to be my new beater knife and I may buy another as a back up because the price is good and won't be able to get a jimping version for that much longer. My Beater Burger !!!!

Back