Boker love

I see a lot of great info hear on brands like GEC and Case, but Boker not so much. What do you guys and gals think of Boker traditionals? Is it because its a german brand and not USA? Would love to see pics as well

I have a "Böker Plus" Stockman and Trapper, and a "Böker Magnum" Scout/camp knife.
They seem to be pretty decent knives.

I know the Made in Germany "Tree Brand" Böker's have a better reputation than the Plus and Magnum lines, and are mentioned here fairly often.

Böker has a long history of producing high quality knifes.
I'd guess the Böker Tree Brand is at least equal to anything GEC puts out.

The Boker 494 Barlow is one of my favorite knives. I had a great example but had to sell it with most of my other knives I'm searching for one now.:D
The only picture I have of it is with this 493 I still have in the original packaging. The 494 has a sheepsfoot main blade. Below that picture is two newer slimline trappers a single blade and a two blade.
Also the Bokers are made in different countries including the USA.

qZkpaEX.jpg

ZZcnT4J.jpg

I currently have three of them, all German, and they are great knives. I believe the one in the top picture is my favorite of the three, but that’s probably just because I tend to favor square bolster Stockman patterns. The bottom two pictures were actually taken by the gentleman that I bought them from. They’ve been carried, and used, since I received them. I had a couple other’s that I let go, but they were also very well made knives. -LanceAE43D32A-3728-4B13-84BE-03FFFA2C7874.jpeg E84CE8AA-88B1-4AB0-87FD-716565150347.jpeg BBF4C78A-D4F7-4A6F-AB35-A5419ADABC71.jpeg

This Boker large stockman from the mid 1970s is as nice as any knife I own, especially the fabulous jigging.

zB7IfRO.jpg

skqqvx5.jpg

Man Jeff that is some pretty bone and a fine looking knife

The only Boker I own but it's a very well made knife.

View media item 4486View media item 4487

Rick that's a fine looking barlow and the shield looks really good in that knife which actually was a good surprise most barlows I've saw with shields the long bolsters made them look a little off. I think the placement is key either way that is one purty barlow

I had this Böker Tree Brand Hunter for a while. It was a spectacular knife - a lock back in beautiful stag that was excellent in all respects. Was just toooo big for me as a folder, but oh what a nice knife. I wouldn't hesitate to have another Böker/Solingen knife.

Has moved on to a more appreciative Porch Sitter :thumbsup:

Ray

Last edited:
Some very nice knives guys. Boker makes a beautiful scout style knife also. And the Arbolito which is made in the Buenos Aires factory is one I've made several attempts to snag but failed. I believe I only have a couple of Bokers which is a shame and should be corrected.

Rick that's a fine looking barlow and the shield looks really good in that knife which actually was a good surprise most barlows I've saw with shields the long bolsters made them look a little off. I think the placement is key either way that is one purty barlow
Thanks, Randy. It's my first experience with a German Boker and I didn't know if the shield would be pinned or not. I was happy to find that it is.

I have about 15 Bokers, spread out over all 4 lines, the majority being fixed blades. I have been very happy with them both for the product, and for the support they have provided me in the past.

I only have one Boker, but it's one of my favorites. :) I just had it out for a picture in a different thread so I figured I'd take a quick pic for this thread.

It's a Copperhead with scales made from German beer barrels. The entire knife has very good fit and finish except where the pins go into the scales. They could have done a bit better of a job on that, but other than that, it's fantastic. My fiance comments on how pretty it is every time I have it out. It also uses C-75 (1075) steel and I'm a huge fan of carbon steel and especially spring steels. I was a little surprised to see a little "peppering" on the frosted part of the blade when I had it out for pics though... I keep it pretty heavily coated in mineral oil, although I've had similar experiences with 1095 with this wonderful Washington beach town weather and to be honest, I kind of like it.

DDh5fxQ.jpg

Last edited:
I see a lot of great info hear on brands like GEC and Case, but Boker not so much. What do you guys and gals think of Boker traditionals? Is it because its a german brand and not USA? Would love to see pics as well
My biggest problem with Boker was that there was a time (perhaps still now) in which it was difficult to determine country/source of manufacture of many of their knives. No reason it should have been so difficult to determine, which left me with the belief Boker deliberately made it difficult. That's when I quit trusting the company.

I own one and it's not bad. I think Böker actually sells more different traditionals in the US than in German (BladeHQ for example has lots in stock that I've never seen at a single German shop), otherwise I'd probably have more :D

Thanks guys, some really nice photos. Boker has some stag models that seem really well priced in the $60-70 range, I think I will jump on them

I picked this up during my search for whittlers, while this isn't defined as one, it serves that function pretty well, main blade is pointy and ground thin, cuts very well, the other two blades are not ground as thin and so I have the edges more convexed so they do cut pretty good too, at some point I may take the sides down to thin them out.

IMG_7181 by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

Untitled by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

also love to find a Boker whittler too ;)
G2

Last edited:
Back