Boker Plus Perrin Le Griffe!!!

Aloha All,

Again, long time no see, and I hope that everyone has been well...

Just wanted to give props to Boker for creating a production Fred Perrin Le Griffe! I received mine from Boker Germany (Thanks CFD and Mr. "L"!) sometime ago, but I been going through some trips, so forgive my being late in sharing about it.

Here are some pics of a genuine Le Griffe made by my friend Mr. Perrin, and it was given to me by a long time Knifebro. (If ya wanna make yourself known, please do bro!)
FPSCLG.jpg

FP_Le_Bowie_SC.jpg

Now, here is the production version, coming out of the Boker Plus line. I like this one a LOT, and I thank God for the right hand chisel grind. Boker did this one right, as it is easy to sharpen, and takes a good edge...something I have not experienced too often in the world of chisel ground edges. I enjoy the "bare bones" functionality of this production model, and I flipped out on the way the Fred Perrin logo was cut right through the blade!
2009_0512Image0008.jpg

2009_0512Image0009.jpg

2009_0512Image0007.jpg

2009_0512Image0010.jpg

I tell you guys, this one, all the way down to the sheath, represents my friend Mr. Perrin's work very well. I can carry this one with no problems "legally" if I were diving or fishing, but in the urban environment, I got mixed answers again from the local PD. Some say it's no problem, some say it'd get me into a lotta trouble. *Sigh*...

Regardless, the Perrin/Boker Plus collab is a GREAT model, and it proves to do very well in mostly all my cutting tasks. One thing I like about the chisel grind is that I have managed to "bring it back" once I feel it getting dull by swiping it on things like cardboard, or even my BDU's!!! No kidding...

I for one am thankful for these types of production collabs because I can afford them due to their great price point, and they are "expendable"...I'd hate to lose/abuse my genuine Le Griffe...but this Boker Plus version...hmmmmm...I don't feel bad at all abus...er, using it hard!

Seriously, a piece well worth looking into...just be sure to check your local laws regarding carrying one. I don't wanna see any of you guys at my um..."day job".

God bless and mahalo for cheking this out!

Heya Chad!
I am the one that sent the custom LaGriffe to Chad. I asked Fred to make two of them, and it is a LaGriffe version of the SubCom. There are only two,
and Chad has one.

That is not a Boker Plus LaGriffe, however. Fred has those made in a factory in Thiers, France, and Boker Germany is the official distributor of them in Germany.

If enough people are interested, we can see about getting a batch sent here, as a forum buy. If you're interested, post here.
Terry

Was hoping they were a standard item, but I'll gladly stock up if it's only a group buy. If it weren't for international shipping costs and customs, I was ready to call up friends saying they had to try one of these.

damn that is sweet.id like to get my hands on one or two.or five. freds work is always great.everything you need,nothing you dont

Duane at EDC Knives carries some of the production Perrin pieces for those who may be interested.

The same model at EDCKnives runs a hundred, shopping around I could get two Emerson models for that. If it drops enough with the group buy that I'm basically getting one at the price of an Emerson, I'll debate it and treat it like a custom. This little exposure did prove something with the public, if Perrin had this as an Emerson option or if he licensed a cheaper import model such as this, he'd have people tripping over each other to buy three a piece. Compared to his handmade work, the Emerson really is a bargain. But it's still just over the price range that a good deal of the market would accept for something this size and complexity.

As for the fantastic Subcom La Griffe hybrid...Wow. There's always been a passing resemblance in size factor and with how the index finger rests. One big selling point for the SubClaw is its similar strengths to the La Griffe without the fixed blade issues and at nearly half the price of the Emerson. Seeing the tables turn as Perrin pays tribute to the Subcom with a fantastic heirloom...It's like Ferrari making a Mustang tribute. I'm sure both the American and European knifesmiths involved will enjoy that metaphor.

"...Fred has those made in a factory in Thiers, France..."
- TJT

wow! actually French made?!

D'Oh!!!

Sorry guys...I thought Boker was making them!:foot:

At any rate, these pieces should be made available in the US IMHO!!!:thumbup:

God bless and see you guys soon!:eek:

D'Oh!!!

Sorry guys...I thought Boker was making them!:foot:

At any rate, these pieces should be made available in the US IMHO!!!:thumbup:

God bless and see you guys soon!:eek:

Hey Chad, nice to see you post somewhere. I thought you had been kidnapped by angry Ninja or something and had not yet smuggled me a message so I could come get you:p.

I am absolutely in for a forum purchase of this fantastic design, provided it does not exceed $80 in cost. I'm eager to hear about further developments.

Back