Boker: the worst customer service in the knife industry?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had great results with Terry - he always answered my questions in a timely manor. Boker classics, sad to say, set the bar too high, at least in my view, for Case. I'll continue to buy Boker classics, sorry about that Case!

Stainz

Indoor Professional

When you start quoting your resume to try to get better service I start thinking uncomplimentary things about you. That said, it does sound like Boker dropped the ball on this one.

When you start quoting your resume to try to get better service I start thinking uncomplimentary things about you. That said, it does sound like Boker dropped the ball on this one.

Boker absolutely dropped the ball, but the position was replaced and the new individual stepped up and tried to make it right, the OP seems like they are a wee bit entitled to me. I would think with his resume he could afford to spend a few more bucks on cutlery lol........

...but he is now in a position of spending more on shipping having it "fixed" than the knife cost new! And if it isn't fixed after TWO tries, who says it will be fixed on the next? That's called throwing good money after bad. Boker blew it. The new rep should have seen that Terry was going to take care of the TWICE BOTCHED repair and simply made it right. No way is the company off the hook just because a new rep is now in place. The new rep can see what happened, and now look at this thread. This thread is costing the company customers.

Poor call, BOker.

Eric

outdoor junkie

Worst? No I think that title belongs to Microtech and their "thanks for the $500...now go **** yourself!" approach...luckily, I have not needed to use Boker CS for any of mine, and this ordeal makes me glad about that. Of course, they would throw away my springs anyway...

Shoot Boker. I love my old Schrade blades. I love my Case blades. And I love my Bokers! Schrade USA is gone. Case is good, but i guess they don't give a hoot for a BF subforum. It seems everyone gone to GEC, even me. Great knives. If you want to keep up, step up. And I love my old Bokers. Even my El Heroe is sweet. I bought the first two years they were offered. Full price for the first and then the discontinued deal from the magazine I used to get. Don't stop making great knives!!!!

I don't get it. Boker seems extremely responsive to the OP and simply want the knife returned before they send a replacement. How can you fault a Company for trying to repair a knife and rectify the situation? Seems they bent over backwards and truly tried to be of service.

Where is the OP to comment? Seems like a hit and run attack, is he trolling or what?

Jann just doesn't get it. Assuming everything you said it correct (and Jann could easily verify if you have send the knife in multiple times), Jann hiding behind their policy is just stupid. Bad customer service and the negative publicity that it generates cost Boker a lot more than they would be out by sending you a new knife.

As someone who worked in customer service for a year I don't think Jann handled this incorrectly, If anyone did it is the repair department. As a customer service rep you may have absolutely no contact with the other departments and what they do doesn't effect your power. This is something that befalls the company itself not necessarily the people doing customer support. I think there is a misconception when it comes to some customer support, from my experience most contact reps are paid to respond and be an intermediary, they are paid to be nice and be a go-between of customers and the company. These people still have to follow policy otherwise they could lose their jobs.

Also, No pics from the OP yet? Suspicious I am, Trolling he may be

Last edited:
Hello everyone, decided to pop in and see how everyone was doing, and saw this.
There is more to the story than the OP is stating from when I was dealing with the situation.
As this is no longer worthwhile, I think it should be locked.
Thanks, Terry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back