• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Boning Knife SOLD

G L Drew

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
The blade on this knife is rigid, unlike a filet knife. for boning and other kitchen chores, it is from 1/8 inch stock and tapers to the edge and tip making it very slicey. The handle has been sculpted a coke bottle shape to fit the hand for comfort and controll.
52100 high carbon steel
Heat treated to Rc 58-60 with attention to a fine grain structure
Flat grind with a 400 grit belt finish followed by a cork belt
Stabilized and dyed figured maple handle. (stabilizing makes the handle safe to use in dishwater, but please never in the dishwasher)
Overall length: 10 1/4 inches
Blade: 5 1/2 inches

SOLD delivered within our United States. My PayPal and email address is gldrewknives@gmail.com

IMG_0629 by Gerald Drew, on Flickr
IMG_0630 by Gerald Drew, on Flickr
IMG_0632 by Gerald Drew, on Flickr

Last edited:
And would still make a nice fillet knife as well. Many prefer less flex in a fillet knife and keep a longer blade with more flex for skinning. This one will make someone happy :thumbsup:

The above "action photo" is a similar knife Mr Drew made for me. Works for everything from salmon to prime rib

Looks like it works on Venison too. I always enjoy seeing my knives used hard and especially on meat from the forest. Thank you!

Back