"Borrowed Design"

Hi, I currently designed a balisong, purely for fun. I am not a knife maker of any sort, but do like to draw/ sketch a lot. I recently got done drawing a knife that is essentially the Benchmade Skirmish, but in a balisong form.

I was wondering if I could make a thread about it in one of the forums(probably the Balisong Forum) and ask people what they think of it. My only problem is that I dont know if there are any rules against this. I would certainly not want to offend Neil Blackwood(the original designer of the Skirmish) or Benchmade, but am eager to hear people's opinions and have a discussion about it.

Please let me know what I should do, thanks!

Why would this be a problem? Just because it's inspired by another knife, that doesn't make it a knockoff. Hell, I'm curious to see it.

Well for some reason I already expect someone to call me out on it, even though its just drawings, purely for entertainment :/

If you even made one purely for yourself, I doubt Neil would mind. A drawing is definitely OK.
Yes, someone will call you out on it. :) Don't get upset.

Alrighty thanks guys! Welp I have work soon so must go, but I will probably get them uploaded and make a thread about it sometime this week, thanks.

Back