Bought my first leatherman

Well today i was at wally world and decided to get a leatherman kick. Now i'm kinda disappointed.

For one it doesn't have a saw. That not very important to me but its still a nice feature to have. It also does not have things like scissors, or a nail filer that i can see. Once again not important but features that i've come to expect on multi-tools.

What i do like though is how light this thing is. Its amazingly light. I also love thr zytel on the grip. Makes it real comfy.

Is there a way i can make it easier to open and close cause right now it is really stiff going both ways.

A little let down but was i just expecting to much?:eek:

Hey, the Kick is not a bad little tool for the price. As you buy more stuff, you may want to put the Kick in your car, backpack, or where ever. There's bound to be guys here that carry one every day;)

Just oil it and open and close it a few hundred times. It'll loosen up;) Acutally, it will loosen on it own as you use it normally. I have a Fuse that's still pretty dang stiff after several months, but it doesn't get near the workout of my Surge or the Supertool before it.

Jake

Dont be dissapointed, the Kick has limited features but thats all it meant to be.
I used to have one and I loved it. Come to think of it, I need to buy another one. *adds to "want" list*

Buy some of the other Leathermans and you will be dissapointed no longer.

-[digidude]

Congrats on your first Leatherman! You will find that this may lead to your need to acquire even MORE Leathermans...;)

Of the new models, I think the Blast is my all around favorite! Check out their website for all the goodies, and use your new Multi in Good Health!

Must say I agree that you made a good choice in the Leatherman. I have the Blast, and mine came "loose" when I purchased it. I mean that the pliers open easily, and the blades also open easily, yet they lock up tight. It is one tool I truely trust for everything from the mundane to the emergency. I really like the feature where one blade opens at a time and they do not clump. Steely-Gunz had a good point. All of the Leatherman tools I have owned over the past 15 years have become easier to use after they have been opened and closed +++repeated times. Hope you enjoy your Kick.
Regards,
Neil

Do yourself a big favor...go to the Leatherman site...and use their tool comparison...that way you won't be buying things w/o knowing what each tool has in it.....I would high recommend the New Wave or Surge (BIG tool)..

I believe that the Leatherman Kick is the "entry level" Leatherman. Basically, that means that the Kick is the first one that people will probably purchase, if they've never bought, owned, or used a Leatherman before.

It's just the first step down a long road! :)

GeoThorn

Back