Bought myself a buck 112 today

I bought myself a new buck 112 today.

Could you tell me what year it is?

It has three lines

Buck
Anvil
USA

I was reading the 2003 have a "T", correct?
Is this a 2002 model?

Thanks,

Originally posted by pahl
...Is this a 2002 model?

Correct you are!!!! The 2002 knives were suppose to be year marked with a square "U" but the factory changed the mark to the ANVIL to commemorate the 100 Year Anniversary. You will also note that there is no model number on the tang stamp for 2002 knives.

You are also correct in that a "T" is being used for 2003 knives. An interesting piece of trivia was disclosed by the boys at the factory a while back. It seems there was an experiment to see how the year mark would look on the opposite side of the blade from the model #. A number of 110 blanks were stamped that way. (They won't give us a number of HOW MANY) Anyway, it also seems they ran out of ANVIL stamped blades while they were still making the Centennial 110's so they used a few of the reverse stamped "T" blades to finish the production run. Without knowing how many were made like this, its tough to say just HOW collectable these oddball knives will be, but they are out there. (Except for the one in my collection...:D)

Pahl, if you'd like to really enhance the performance of your 112, you may want to consider contacting Joe Houser and see if he has any BG42 blades left. They did a bunch for us Bucknuts and it really works great.
take care
guy

Originally posted by guy g
Pahl, if you'd like to really enhance the performance of your 112, you may want to consider contacting Joe Houser and see if he has any BG42 blades left. They did a bunch for us Bucknuts and it really works great.
take care
guy

I recall reading the old post about you guy's having BG42 blades put in your buck 112.
I was saying to myself I wish I could have gotten in on that.
I just emailed Joe asking him about it. Maybe it's not to late :)

Thanks,

Pahl, dont forget, Joe wont be back til' 3-11.
guy

John,

You may not have read the post about Joe being out of the office until March 11th. If his emails this time, are anything like the were last time he was out, it may be a couple days AFTER he gets back before he gets to you. Be patient!! He does answer, after he digs down and finds it....:D :rolleyes:

Back