Bought two CRKT M16-13's with a thought in mind

silenthunterstudios

Slipjoint Addict
Platinum Member
I had asked in a post about customizing production knives. Lots of neat pics and ideas were posted, including a pic of a M1613 with a polished blade and wooden handles. Well, I recently bought two M1613s from Knives Plus with the intention of using one and customizing the other. I was going to do it myself, but I figured I'd eff mine up. How hard is it to screw up the linerlock or other working parts on this knife? This would be the first big knife project I've undertaken. It was an event in and of itself when I changed the clip placement on my new M1613, what with looking for one of the torx screws for about a half hour :rolleyes: .

Any tips are appreciated.

Mods, would this do better in the Knifemakers Forum?

Go for it. The worst that could happen is you'll screw up an M16; but imagine the vistas awaiting you if it comes out like you want! And anyway, if you don't damage the scales when you take them off, you can always just put them back on again.

They're pretty simple knives to take apart, not much you can screw up that you couldn't bend back into place or anything.

_z

Back