Bow River

Murphjd25

Gold Member
Got mine in today. Overall I’m impressed with it for being what it is, a budget fixed blade made in China. I’m probably going to buy a few more. Only nit pic I have with it is them not fully sharpening the entire blade to the choil. Easy fix though. The sheath is pretty damn nice too for an overall package of $32.50. I’m hoping to catch some fish this weekend and clean em and filet em. Looks like it’s going to be a good Slicer.
lGaJPE0.jpg

UOd8G8I.jpg

That looks great... especially at the price.

If it makes you feel any better neither of the two Wilson knives I own came fully sharpened all the way down. Not to the extent of the spyderco offering, but I always assumed it was designed like that for safety reasons.

That looks great... especially at the price.

If it makes you feel any better neither of the two Wilson knives I own came fully sharpened all the way down. Not to the extent of the spyderco offering, but I always assumed it was designed like that for safety reasons.
Yeah, I was assuming it was to protect some people from getting cut. I’ll take the edge all the way back this weekend when I get some downtime finally! It sounds like this is intentional on Phil Wilson’s part then I am going to assume. Not a problem!

Where did you get yours from? I've been waiting for them to go in-stock (didn't preorder), but it doesn't seem like the major shops have them yet?

May not be related or that relevant, but some of my Spyderco kitchen knives are sharpened just like that. I figured it was intentional but I dunno.

I just saw Bow River in stock at the knife place that works. KW

I’m not sure if the can list their name on Bladeforums.

I love my sprig as well. Wish I could get one more.

But the bow river also hits a very different spot on the economy scale... I want a few! It'll be great to give those out to my hunting friends.

Inch by inch this is THE best knife you can buy ANYWHERE for that price ($32,50),i did cut up some big slab's of beef thinking if it would do the job.but surprisingly (for me!) it stood up to the task,i will buy one or 2 more,Sal & Eric,this Phil Wilson designed "little big knife is a hit!

Got mine today. Super impressed. The bevel is not super consistent on mine but otherwise it’s pretty spotless. Have not done much with it yet but it feels great in hand and the blade geometry seems perfect.

For the price, honesty even if it weren’t a Spyderco it’s a total steal.

Back