• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bowie knife

This is one of my journeyman test knives.
14 inch overall size,
5160 Blade
with sheffield clip, shaped 416
guard, 416 grooved spacer, checkered fluting
with stainless raised pins on an African blackwood
handle, 416 buttcap and finial in a take-down
design. This knife is extremely light and very well balanced.
$850.00

http://www.quesenberryknives.com

Attachments

• DSC_00191.jpg
    DSC_00191.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 313
Last edited:
Hi Mike,

That knife was a pleasure to look at and hold at Blade. It was nice meeting you.

I hope it sells quickly for you.

Kyle

Hey Mike,

I have to Echo everything that Kyle said.

Do you have a shot of this piece taken down? The knifemaker in me wants to see the innards. :)

Brian

Brian,

Thanks for the Echo but no I do not. To be honest the reason I built it as a takedown was for the ease in refinishing in case of a scratch. I did not finish the guts. Not sure but the tang probably has 120 grit scratches or rougher. My tangs are not stick tangs they are rather wide and extend atleast 3/4 of the handle or more. I think it helps with the balance.

Kyle,

I finally got my hammer up and running and made some explosion pattern damascus last week. I've mostly been fixing things and making jigs and fixtures. How do you post the full size pic's like you do? Mine only come as an attachment. That subhilt is off the chart. Stunning!

Mike

Back