Box-O-Knives Giveaway #24

rockgolfer

Gold Member
Man oh man this was a fun mail call! It takes awhile to open and inspect every knife. A labor of love :)

The knives as recieved
sYdHC7d.jpg

I took my time and liked a lot of them. In the end I decided the little buck is one I would have never bought but did not want to be without anymore. My girlfriend really loved how the tanto fit her hand and she currently did not have a knife to ride in her car so she chose that awesome knife.

Our choices
3i75pii.jpg

Today I took the magical box-O-knives into work and asked if anyone was in need of a knife. The following ooh's and aah's will last with me a long time. Explaining the differences and purposes of different knives to people that have never heard it before was fun. Fixed blades were a favorite as well as the lockbacks and a few trappers got snagged. My coworker who snagged the opinel said "YESSS, finally, a great camping knife" :)

It was a lot of fun and we might make a few knife knuts yet. A big thanks to all who have been involved in this ongoing story to date and good luck to future winners!

Here is what is left, I believe 13 knives in total found loving new homes including the two we are keeping :)

What is left
mAaNgme.jpg

I wouldnt feel right if I did not at least add two little gems into the mix. One is a sweet little imperial peanut that has some really good action and this very cool William's Roger's of Sheffield stunner :D

w9TeEEw.jpg

This was a really fun experience and I am very glad I got a chance. I will let this new one run until Sunday evening and pick a new winner who I will ship this box-O-Awesome to next :)

Last edited:
That sounds like a really fun day. Love the MOP!

It really was! We can talk all day on the nuance's here and I get a lot of joy from that. But, explaining patterns and steels and purpose to newbies in person was a lot of fun. Heck just talking about knives instead of typing was a lot of fun. So much so, It has me thinking I need to find or make a local club, it was that much fun!

Thanks Joshua and of course, I hate leaving items on the to-do list ;)

Hopefully a few new members sign up, it really is fun to check them all out. I did my best to get the box down but afraid it's still going to be a large box. Not that anyone will complain about getting a big box of knives :)

Very cool, and I'm happy to see 4 of my contributions were taken.
I am surprised someone took that camillus made Buck 305 lancer with the " splinter picker " repurposed secondary blade.

You're gonna love the 305 lancer you took, it's become one of my all time favorite Buck folders.

Wow a lot of interest still in after 24 rounds. I see a couple that peak my interest.

Very cool, and I'm happy to see 4 of my contributions were taken.
I am surprised someone took that camillus made Buck 305 lancer with the " splinter picker " repurposed secondary blade.

You're gonna love the 305 lancer you took, it's become one of my all time favorite Buck folders.

The repurposed lancer was taken by one of my office guys. He said he doesnt like having stuff in his pockets but wouldnt mind having a little knife so win win :)

I took the lancer because the only knives my dad owns are two buck sets, 1 fixed and 1 pocket knife. The covers match his 3 stockman and somedays a little blade is all you need :)

A 22 year old at my work snagged the green bone remington trapper. He has carried it the last two days. I see him holding it in his hand and messing with it constantly. He wants to come by and check out my collection and he always asks me what I am carrying for the day now. I think we got another knife knut in the making :)

I am a bit late to the party and just want to double check what is going on here, is this a box of knives that is being passed around giving some away and adding few to keep it going? don't know if i qualify or understand the situation but i have a few old knives and one or 2 project knives that i might be able to add to the mix down the road.

I am a bit late to the party and just want to double check what is going on here, is this a box of knives that is being passed around giving some away and adding few to keep it going? don't know if i qualify or understand the situation but i have a few old knives and one or 2 project knives that i might be able to add to the mix down the road.

It's pretty simple.
If you win you take what you want and add what traditional knives then host your own giveaway for the next round and that winner will do the same.

I don't see why you wouldn't qualify.

Would you like to be added to the list?

Last call everyone, I will run the random number generator in about an hour or two

Back