B'PORT CT USA vs PAT APD FOR years

Hello,

I was hoping someone would be able to help me date my 2 jack knives.

One is a Single blade Handy Jack, that has the blade marking of G.SCHRADE, KNIFE CO.INC, B'PORT CT USA, STAINLESS and the other one is very similar with Bakeolite (I think) side slabs, but the blade is marked GEO. SCHRADE (stamped in an arch), PAT APD FOR. Both are non-locking, with closed, half open and full open spring held positions.

The First knife looks similar to this one, no can opener and a spear point instead of the sheepfoot blade:
SchradeHandyJackStainless.jpg

The other one looks like this one:
1_e36d42dcfd4aa01fb1b820dec1a7d72e.jpg

Thanks,
Rich C.

Hi Rich,
Your knives were made in the early 50's. The Handy Jack came in 4 single blade patterns and 4 double blade patterns. The George Schrade Knife Co. liquidated all assets in 1958, 2 years after Boker bought the company due to the Federal Switchblade Act. Bad timing.
Bill Schrade

The pen blades were used in many different patterns including the Pull Ball, letter openers, slip joints and some Prestos. I wouldn't be surprised if there were two stamps on one knife. I will have to look at the knives in our collection.
Bill

I got that same nife
The pen blades were used in many different patterns including the Pull Ball, letter openers, slip joints and some Prestos. I wouldn't be surprised if there were two stamps on one knife. I will have to look at the knives in our collection.
Bill

Back