Bradford USA: Guardian 3 and 3.5 Variations: Saber, Flat, Wharncliff, G-Necker, Sheepsfoot

That's the Toxic Green, which I almost had ;) as I misread or didn't read the site correctly, luckily Brad sent me a quick shot and I saw it wasn't the Toxic Green I had in mind, turns out they have a Toxic Green, which is the one above and the also have a Toxic Green...with Black which was what I was looking at but just saw the Toxic Green portion :)

This one is nice too, my son in law said he liked that one just as much, but, he hasn't bought one yet.
G2

I want a Guardian 3 with the FFG M390 blade and CF scales. Is that a custom order? I can't find it at any of the online dealers.

I want a Guardian 3 with the FFG M390 blade and CF scales. Is that a custom order? I can't find it at any of the online dealers.

I got an email from Brad about an hour ago that the CF scales are now ready. Don't know if he has any FFG blades left, but CF is on the table now.

You are correct, the FFG are only available from our site at this time under the Guardian3 customs section. These were an extremely limited batch, I have 2 SW and 4 dk SW left at this time. Either can be configured with the CF scales. Any blades ordered over the weekend will ship on Monday. Thanks for your support!
-Brad

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1416678234096.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1416678234096.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 59
Carbon Fiber, man that's gotta be super light weight! nice work there!

G2

You are correct, the FFG are only available from our site at this time under the Guardian3 customs section. These were an extremely limited batch, I have 2 SW and 4 dk SW left at this time. Either can be configured with the CF scales. Any blades ordered over the weekend will ship on Monday. Thanks for your support!
-Brad

Thanks Brad for responding to my emails yesterday.

Placed an order for Guardian 3 with Full Height Flat Grind & Stonewashed M390 blade, the new Carbon Fiber scales, Black Oxide fasteners, Taco style Kydex Sheath & G-Clip.

Hope to receive them on Wednesday just before Thanksgiving!

Well, I know I said I wanted a FFG one as well but another regular one came up on the exchange for a great price and I couldn't pass it up:

20141125_114416.jpg

We have been using them in the Kitchen a lot. My Daughter doesn't know it yet but thee blue one will be here first fixed blade this summer (she already has a pink Native 5 that I gave her camping last summer).

20141121_174219.jpg

20141121_174913.jpg

Just received my FFG/CF today. What a nice knife - easily the best small fixed blade in my collection. I also bought the kydex so I could use it as a pocket knife. I was worried about the "short" handle (I prefer 4" handle + 3" blade for small fixed blades), but no worries on this one because of the design and also the very grippy scales (no slippage here :) ).
Anyway, this is not only a great little knife, it is a great value. Thank you Bradford USA!

Just received my FFG/CF today. What a nice knife - easily the best small fixed blade in my collection. I also bought the kydex so I could use it as a pocket knife. I was worried about the "short" handle (I prefer 4" handle + 3" blade for small fixed blades), but no worries on this one because of the design and also the very grippy scales (no slippage here :) ).
Anyway, this is not only a great little knife, it is a great value. Thank you Bradford USA!

Thank you sir for the opportunity :)
-Brad

Thanks Brad, a guy at work saw it too and thought it was pretty nice, then pointed out the lanyard wasn't all in focus, I said that was intentional, it was shot wide open at f2.8 to bring just the knife into focus and the rest falls out behind, making an almost 3d look to the shot :)
G2

Received my Guardian 3 FFG/CF a few hours ago. Thanks for the fast shipping.

The CF has great texture! Blade is super sharp. Very nice jimping. Really well made.

Love the size. I can do a three finger hold or choke up on the choil with a four finger grip.

By the way, the blade length is actually 3.5 inches with a 3.1 inch cutting edge.

Last edited:
Here's some info on making your own adapter

Leather about 6/7 oz weight

8" long with rounded ends

1 5/8" wide, now this may be a struggle to get inserted into the Bradford Knives belt loop, so you may need to loosen up that belt loop a little first as they come in pretty tight, but it should fit.

Holes are about 1/2" from one side and 1" from the other side, the 1/2" one is the bottom of the adapter and that end folds tight against the original belt loop

Cut a nice straight section of leather 1 5/8" wide

adapter_1.jpg~original

find a small bottle/jar that will just fit across the strip and use that to mark your rounded end

adapter_2.jpg~original

I use a #1 edge tool from Weaver to trim the sharp corners off the strip

adapter_3.jpg~original

putting snaps in you will need to make holes for them to fit through

adapter_4.jpg~original

The snaps I got from Tandy, they work pretty good, also this tool will work for both ends of the snaps, you lift and rotate it when you do the top or the bottom

adapter_5.jpg~original

It will split the tubing and crunch it pretty tight, but for good measure I use the set tool to drive it a little tighter, if you try just using the set tool you should probably shorten the tubing otherwise it could bend sideways when you go to strike it.

adapter_6.jpg~original

on the top snap, it's rounded dome needs a place to sit in so you don't flatten it, Tandy sells these small metal 'dishes' that the snap fits into while you use the set tool to drive it down

adapter_7.jpg~original

adapter_8.jpg~original

To insert the adapter, start from the bottom and slide the top snap under the belt loop, it may be a very snug fit to start

adapter_9.jpg~original

Then pull it through, the smaller bottom bend will hook on to the bottom of the belt loop and then just snap into place.

adapter_10.jpg~original

I also use a smoothing edger to round the very edges around the leather to make it, well....smoother.
also it was dyed with Fiebing Saddle Tan, it's still drying while I was taking photos, so forgive that look.

It takes a little time but it is pretty handy to carry the knife this way if you don't get the kydex sheath.

G2

Last edited:
Okay guys, I couldn't hold out any longer, ordered one today. Between all the positive reviews and Brads interaction with the customers, I gladly knuckled under to peer pressure.

Nice sir, glad to help be an enabler lol which one did you end up selecting?? and be sure to post a photo up when she arrives.
G2

To install the adapter, especially if you haven't worn the sheath on a belt yet, it is easier to put through if you remove the knife first, it will allow the leather to let the belt loop through their belt loop, but again, you may need to put a regular belt through and work it side to side a little to loosen up the sheath first.

G2

Last edited:
Thanks and yes, it's a cutie, I like that the handle is thick enough and textured so it doesn't slip or twist while in the hand, the Guardian3 may be a little short on the handle for some, but for me it works nicely. One day I may pick up a Guardian4 but that'll be down the road, might be good if someone could post a nice comparison shot of the two sizes here?
G2

Back