• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Brand new mini mill up for grabs

Daniel Koster

www.kosterknives.com
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
I never unpacked it. It is brand new from Harbor Freight. Still in the original box. Assembly definitely required. :thumbup:

This model:

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=44991

44991.gif

TWO-SPEED VARIABLE MINI MILL/DRILL MACHINE With Micro Feed

This mini mill/drill machine has two speed ranges—0 to 1100 RPM and 0 to 2500 RPM—great for different thicknesses and types of material. Features a micro feed that allows the operator to feed at .002'' per line.

Heavy duty cast iron body and base for better stability. Precision machined table. Includes drill chuck & key, shaft and chuck key assembly and wrenches.

• [FONT=arial, sans-serif]Motor: 4/5 HP, 120V, single phase
  • Speed ranges: 0-1100 RPM low, 0-2500 RPM high
  • Spindle taper: R8 with JT33 chuck taper
  • Spindle stroke: 8-1/2''
  • JT33 chuck capacity: 7/64'' to 1/2''
  • End mill capacity: 1/2''
  • Face mill capacity: 1''
  • Swing: 12''
  • Depth scale: 0 to 12'' in 1/16'' increments
  • Table slot width: 1/2''
  • Table dimensions: 15-7/8'' x 3-11/16''
  • Height: 33-3/4''
  • Shipping weight: 150 lbs.
You get it for $310 + s/h

(shipping should be around $90 via FedEx)

Payment info here:

www.kosterknives.com/payments.htm

Thanks!

Dan
[/FONT]

thanks! PM replied.

Still available!
:thumbup:

This is still available....but I won't be able to ship until I get back from vacation.

Thanks!

Dan

I can't believe this has lasted this long! I had the exact same mill and used it for several jobs in folder production and milling guard slots and precision drilling and also drilling titanium since you can set the speed just right. I wish someone would buy my rifle while it was still available!

I can't believe it either. My mill makes life so much easier. want it flat. done, want a groove done. I even use mine to mill my scales flat and sq. the ends. Kick these up on high speed and use a router bit on wood. This price is just a bit more than a drill press and it will drill holes all day long.

I'll take that.

I've never had a HF power tool but people keep telling me not to worry.

I called and left a message.

Syn

Good catch synthesist, I'd been looking at it trying to justify a tool that I really don't need but would like and now I don't have to decide :D

Syn,
Dan is out of town, but I was able to talk to him.

He said he got your message and it is a deal. He will contact you latter this week.

Tom

Email received and replied, synthesist. Thanks!

Dan

I've sent 3 emails....I guess you're not getting them. :(

Anyway...the mill is yours, Bro. :thumbup:

I'll call when I get back in town.

Sorry for the communication problems....I do get your emails and have replied to all of them. *shrug*

Well for what it's worth I paid Dan for this months ago and still don't have it.

He doesn't respond to phone or email communications.

I don't want the damn thing anymore but I would like my $400 back.

I am a pretty unhappy guy at this point

Syn

I've been out of town a lot with family gatherings. I did get your phone message. I replied to your emails as well. I don't understand why you didn't get my email replies.

The mill should be there any day now...I shipped it last week.

I'm sorry things haven't turned out the way you expected them to...

I think you'll agree that waiting to ship was a problem we both were dealing with.

If you need help selling the mill after you get it - let me know. More than happy to provide details, etc. If you don't like it, I did get a number of requests after yours came in first. I don't think it'll be a problem selling it.

Reply here to be 100% sure I get the message.

Dan

I'm glad YOU got MY phone message. How tough would it have been to return the call? No phones where you've been?

If you had shipped this when I paid you originally i\everything would have been just fine. I sent the check you said it was on the way. No joy. You didn't get around to it. Then I had to go to Ashokan so I asked that you wait till I got back. I got back a month ago and emailed you to ship away. You said okay. weeks pass. I get worried. I email. I call. No responses. I tell you NOT to send it. You send it anyway. Still not here.

I am very unhappy about this transaction. If you were going to suggest selling it to someone else (good idea that one) why ship it twice btw?

So if someone else is really interested in this reply here and we can work something out. I have $400 in it.

Corey "synthesist" Gimbel

Syn

FWIW, I'd be interested in buying a mini-mill from someone who didn't want the one he had...
But here's hoping Synthesist is happily machining away with his new mill...

After reading the complaint thread about Mr. Koster today I looked back at this one................ I'd missed several of the later comments

@JacksonKnives if you are still around, I never even opened the box that Mr. Koster finally shipped to me. It sits in the back of my garage to this day reminding me thaT sometimes something is too good a deal. I notice that these mini-mills are $600 now at Harbor freight and I suppose I should dig it out and try it. Buttttttttttttttt between a Boyar Schultz 6 X 18 surface grinder that I picked up at an auction for almost nothing and my trusty drill press I have gotten by just fine without this.

I'm not surprised that ( 4 years later ) Dan Koster's business style has not improved and as I said in another thread I wouldn't buy a rusty nail from him. He taught me a lesson that I apply frequently when people ask for money up-front from me. There's always someone willing to work MY WAY ( the customer's way that is ) these days. I don't care how good his knives are, there are 100s of knifemakers whose personal integrity, customer service and attentiveness to details surpass his.

Syn

Syn

Back