Brass washed blade

Hello to everybody, first time on here but have read a lot of great things here. My question, I gave a Benchmade 940, green with satin blade, or was. A buddy was telling me how great my knife would look with the blade brass washed. Well, lesson learned. Looks like crap after a few months and to beat the band, all markings are gone from the blade. I wanna send my knife back for a blade replacement (25 bucks) but I’m now scared they might say it’s a clone or fake or whatever the right word is. I’ve heard that if BM has any doubt they will throw it away. Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance.
Doug

I’m gonna try and call BM and ask them. I’ve heard they don’t really like to get one back that’s not complete and will charge 30 bucks extra just for that. Then I want a new 25 dollar blade also. Thanks a bunch, I hadn’t thought of that, but I’m definately gonna ask, bg.

as far as i know benchmade doesn't let you keep the blade when you send a knife in for a blade replacement. they use the old blades to practice sharpening.

as long as you’re knife is legit i don’t think you’ll have a problem. they’re very good at differentiating a a fake knife from a real one. when you call explain what was done to the blade & why it doesn’t appear stock anymore & i’m sure you won’t have any issues

You could always just sand it down and polish it, put the satin finish back on it, get it bead blasted, or throw it in a Gatorade bottle full of stones in the dryer for a home stonewash.

as far as i know benchmade doesn't let you keep the blade when you send a knife in for a blade replacement. they use the old blades to practice sharpening.

as long as you’re knife is legit i don’t think you’ll have a problem. they’re very good at differentiating a a fake knife from a real one. when you call explain what was done to the blade & why it doesn’t appear stock anymore & i’m sure you won’t have any issues

I think your right, I’m going to get in touch with them before I mail my knife in. I love this green 940. I’ve carried everything from case to buck high end gerber, but, this BM just fits my hand great and holds the best edge I’ve ever had. But yeah I think your right to call and explain my mess up. And it’s definitely a mess, Bg. Thanks again.

You could always just sand it down and polish it, put the satin finish back on it, get it bead blasted, or throw it in a Gatorade bottle full of stones in the dryer for a home stonewash.
I thought about that too. To Make it really shine would be cool too. I just hate that EVERYTHING that was on the blade is now gone. The first thing some people say when they see it is “man, that’s a really close copy, and it’s sooooo smooth too, Bg. Thanks again.

I thought about that too. To Make it really shine would be cool too. I just hate that EVERYTHING that was on the blade is now gone. The first thing some people say when they see it is “man, that’s a really close copy, and it’s sooooo smooth too, Bg. Thanks again.

No problem, dude. Logos, etc. to me aren’t that big of a deal on most stuff. Hell, a good percentage of my knives have no markings at all (sterile Busses). Doesn’t bother me one bit.

If it were my knife I’d just put the finish on it that I wanted and use the sucker. It’s free, plus an excuse to have a small project and really make the knife mine.

But, it’s your knife and you should do what makes YOU happy with it. If you want to replace the blade, Benchmade won’t give you any problems. Just send it in and tell them what you want. Don’t take the blade out or anything like that. Just explain what you want done. BM has excellent customer service and have treated me right any time I needed something.

No problem, dude. Logos, etc. to me aren’t that big of a deal on most stuff. Hell, a good percentage of my knives have no markings at all (sterile Busses). Doesn’t bother me one bit.

If it were my knife I’d just put the finish on it that I wanted and use the sucker. It’s free, plus an excuse to have a small project and really make the knife mine.

But, it’s your knife and you should do what makes YOU happy with it. If you want to replace the blade, Benchmade won’t give you any problems. Just send it in and tell them what you want. Don’t take the blade out or anything like that. Just explain what you want done. BM has excellent customer service and have treated me right any time I needed something.
Thanks Antdog. Yeah, I think y’all are right. I’m gonna give her a cool smooth shine and EDC. This is what I’ve done with this one anyway. My safe queen is a red 960 Harley Davidson Prototype. I look at that one twice a year. Thanks again Antdog.

Back