"Braveheart's" sword is sent to do battle in America

Here's another twist to Scottish history.Wallace and a few others get all the credit.What about the Murrays??

''Wallace followed up the victory by seizing lightly guarded baggage trains and taking Stirling Castle. It is thought that an opportunity existed for him to pursue and destroy the English army, but Wallace was hesitant to act without the consent of the Scottish nobility, who in turn was reluctant to give the low-born Wallace such authority. Warenne would lick his wounds, awaiting Edward's appearance to personally put an end to the Scottish revolt. Andrew Murray, who led his troops from the front ranks, was fatally injured at the Battle of Stirling Bridge and died of his wounds about a month later. :eek:

An end will come on the world, but love and music will endure.
Thig crioch air an t-saoghail, ach mairidh gaol 's ceol.

tortoise said:
Any relation?

In a recent issue of Playboys College Girls magazine, one of the students in there had the last name of Wallace and was a direct descendant of William Wallace. Now, I thought that his wife was murdered, before she could have given birth? Is the movie true in that he fathered some English royalty? I have to do some more research, I only have the movie to go on, and an old Classics Illustrated comic.

BTW Bithabus, if I claimed to have a knife used by the Pope, I would have to prove that it was in fact used by him, but if someone else said it wasn't the Popes, they would also have to provide proof. It goes both ways.

silenthunterstudios said:
In a recent issue of Playboys College Girls magazine, one of the students in there had the last name of Wallace and was a direct descendant of William Wallace. Now, I thought that his wife was murdered, before she could have given birth? Is the movie true in that he fathered some English royalty? I have to do some more research, I only have the movie to go on, and an old Classics Illustrated comic.
If he fathered children with the English royalty, I doubt they bore the name "Wallace." Who knows, I could be wrong.

;)

Back