1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

Good Brian Tighe & Friends and Brian Tighe

Discussion in 'FEEDBACK: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly!' started by Murindo, Nov 12, 2020.

1. Murindo

Murindo Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 4, 2010
    I picked up a new large size Tighe Breaker flipper second hand a week ago with the plan to make it my main carry over a long period of time. After one week the pivot loosened up and I couldn't figure out how to tighten it. It has a #5 Torx on the show side and a round hole on the other side.

I tried the email contact form on the Brian Tighe & Friends site but no response. I emailed Brian Tighe using the email on his site and got an answer in less than an hour. He advised that a phone call would get through.

I called and the owner Dave walked me through the procedure. Deep down in that round hole is a 1/16 inch hex set screw that must be loosened before tighting the pivot then locked once you have the right pivot tension. Worked like a charm but it was a bit sensitive.

They even sent me a prepaid shipping label to send the knife in if I preferred for a free tune up.

This is outstanding service.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2020
    AKnife, KELAMA, rexromic and 3 others like this.
  2. SharpByCoop

SharpByCoop Enjoying the discussions Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 8, 2001
    I have worked with them both. ^^^ Exactly as described and wished.

Good people, responsive business ethics!

3. rexromic

rexromic Gold Member Gold Member

May 28, 2011
    Brian is a outstanding knifemaker and human being!Great products and service!

4. HJK

HJK Moderator Moderator

Jun 30, 1999
    Brian Tighe is a great knifemaker and artist and a wonderful man.

5. ooitzoo

ooitzoo Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 2, 2010
    Brian seems like a good dude. He definitely lives up to the Canadian stereotype.

HJK likes this.