• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Good Brian Tighe & Friends and Brian Tighe

Murindo

Gold Member
I picked up a new large size Tighe Breaker flipper second hand a week ago with the plan to make it my main carry over a long period of time. After one week the pivot loosened up and I couldn't figure out how to tighten it. It has a #5 Torx on the show side and a round hole on the other side.

I tried the email contact form on the Brian Tighe & Friends site but no response. I emailed Brian Tighe using the email on his site and got an answer in less than an hour. He advised that a phone call would get through.

I called and the owner Dave walked me through the procedure. Deep down in that round hole is a 1/16 inch hex set screw that must be loosened before tighting the pivot then locked once you have the right pivot tension. Worked like a charm but it was a bit sensitive.

They even sent me a prepaid shipping label to send the knife in if I preferred for a free tune up.

This is outstanding service.

Last edited:
I have worked with them both. ^^^ Exactly as described and wished.

Good people, responsive business ethics!

Brian is a outstanding knifemaker and human being!Great products and service!

Brian Tighe is a great knifemaker and artist and a wonderful man.

Back