Brigade QM kukri vs. Cold Steel Ghurka Kukri

I may have asked about this a while ago, I'm not sure. Regardless, this is sort of a different question. For those of you with info, could you pelase compare the two? The BQM is 1/4 the price of the CS version, is 1095 instead of Carbon V, and same handle material. But can you tell me more? How does the Carbon V hold up in a large chopper (I had an LTC once)? Is the handle shape on one better than the other? Do you liek the pointier CS one? Any info would be great.

Crayola, I own a QM Kukri and find it to be more than enough knife for the tasks I ask it
to do. When I was selling knives I sold a friend a CS Kukri because he could afford it and
I couldn't. I also didn't care much for the CS handle checkering. Really rough. While I've not
used the CS that much I have noticed that my friend will somehow wind up with mine while
his lays idle during duck blind season. Can I recommend the QM Kukri? Yep, sure can.
Just spring for the Kydex sheath too. Is it hard on my hand? Nope, I always wear gloves
while using it, but the smoother surface of the QM is much better that the CS checkering.
Is the CS worth twice the price? Nope, sure isn't. My friend wishes he'd bought one like
mine and spent the extra on a new shotgun for ducks.

The BQM handle material feels denser and harder than the CS kraton to me. I don't mind the dimples on most of the CS grip, but I hate them on the flair at the rear of the handle. Without a glove, the dimples on that flair will grind the skin off the base of your palm after about 30 min. of use. Someone suggested putting the CS kukri in a freezer to stiffen up the kraton, then grinding the dimples off the flair (or the whole handle if you want). I may try that someday.

Back