British M.O.D. survival knife and the BK2

tobiism

Gold Member
Boy I've wanted one of these for a long time. Finally took the plunge, picked up an '82 vintage and had the seller send it straight over to Ben at Baryonyx to raise the primary grind as I didn't feel like doing it LOL. Got to me today and I trimmed the wooden scales down flush with the tang and peened the copper rivets a little more to tighten the fit. Then I just sanded until smooth and oiled it with b l o. The reason I put the two in the same post is one for Becker content, LOL and also this is supposed to be the knife that inspired the bk2.
In comparing it to the bk2 I think it would have been cool if the bk2 had been made to the same length and the same thickness but with a better grind.
Don't get me wrong I love the 2 but I'm really digging this M.O.D.
20181107_171344.jpg 20181107_171334.jpg 20181107_172040.jpg
20181107_172103.jpg

Last edited:
Boy I've wanted one of these for a long time. Finally took the plunge, picked up an '82 vintage and had the seller send it straight over to Ben at Baryonyx to raise the primary grind as I didn't feel like doing it LOL. Got to me today and I trimmed the wooden scales down flush with the tang and peened the copper rivets a little more to tighten the fit. Then I just sanded until smooth and oiled it with b l o. The reason I put the two in the same post is one for Becker content, LOL and also this is supposed to be the knife that inspired the bk2.
In comparing it to the bk2 I think it would have been cool if the bk2 had been made to the same length and the same thickness but with a better grind.
Don't get me wrong I love the 2 but I'm really digging this M.O.D.
View attachment 1016635 View attachment 1016636 View attachment 1016637
View attachment 1016639
Been eyeballing one of those forever.Nice blade

Very nice man, congrats.

Nice work.
Inspriring to see how much a knife like that can improve bigtime!

Got 1 in a Bundle from da bay awhile back
Yes a Sterile Brute, Most Know Her as Justine, da Mod and da Cam an Extra
On the Phone Ethan explained the MOD as his inspiration for da 2

LRsaupN.jpg

Back