Browning Barracuda

Recieved my browning barracuda small drop point today. Very disappointed. Cheap stainless steel liner lock. Too much blade play. The blade is nice, sharpens easily, slices well, aus8 steel. But the main reason I'm returning it is the way the blade sits when its closed. And frankly, it doesnt. What holds the blade is the bottom of the knife handle. The point of the knife snaps into the back of the handle. Maybe the larger barracudas are better? It's already back in the box to be returned. I might keep it if I can find a way to get the edge off the inside of the handle. Am I expecting too much out of a 2inch blade? Any suggestions?

Kaosu04, that's too bad. It sucks to get a new blade and then are disapointed when it arrives. I handled a large version and was not that impressed. I didn't look it over too carefully after I opened the blade, just handed it back to the salesman. Some of the Browning knives show some good quality, the Icestorms are nice and some models come in VG-10! I got my brother a Teton double bladed knife. (plain and serrated) He loves it. Go figure. Good luck with your next blade.
Walter

What company makes knives for browning? I have never even considered buying a browning myself. I havent been impressed by the ones I have seen.

sucks about the knife. i tend to like the brownings. the barracuda series seemed like an average knife to me. the storm series mentioned comes in vg-10. maybe try one of those. don't get turned off on a company over 1 knife.(except frost cutlery)

i have a small browning lock back, 3 inch blade aus-8 made in japan, its very very light and very sharp. i love everything about it except the half serrations.

was yours made in japan? my browning has not bladeplay at all, altho if it developed some there is no way to tighten it.

im pretty sure the handle on mine is made of zytel or some other lighter then air material. lol :D :D :D

Will the edge of the knife blade resting on zytel harm the blade enough that I should return the knife for $10? It seems to be fine so far. I suppose I just chose a bad model. They were discontinued after all. A couple suggestions on a modification to keep the blade from touching the zytel would be very much appreciated.

Back