Bruise? Ever finish the "poking stick?"

Don't know Kis, in reading Bruise's post about eye/hearing protection, I'd have to assume he's already progressed pass mere sticks for "poking". ;)

Sarge

i'd be interested too. bruise said he didn't have a camera, so mebbe he could post a quick sketch.......

Yes Bruise. Do tell. My grandad and I used to cut Hickory saplings for walking sticks. I liked to whittle mine and took them to Boy Scout camp for something to do around the fire. My grandad just used his to beat snakes to death on site around the farm. He was bitten by a copperhead as a kid and terrified of snakes to this day. Once we were fishing in the Achafalaya Basin (a large swamp in Louisianna) when a harmless rat snake dropped from a branch into our little boat. No hesitation, my grandad jumped out of the boat. My dad and I laughed our asses off because the snake immediately got out of the boat too. Fourtunately it went away from my grandad quickly enough that he didn't drown in his panic.

Don't know Kis, in reading Bruise's post about eye/hearing protection, I'd have to assume he's already progressed pass mere sticks for "poking

:D

:)

I got busy and lazy at the same time. I went back to the stick a couple of times and the general shape is there. It'll probably take another hour to get the final rough shape. Then the finishing stuff which is the easier and more gratifying process. I'll try to take a pic tomorrow morning.

Back