Bruiser Bowie Build

So about 12 years ago when I was 16 I was gifted a Bears & Sons Gold Rush Bowie. Well being new knives then it was my first "expensive" knife. So I thought I could abuse it and it would soak up the torture. Well I eventually pushed it to far and snapped off the tip and bent a portion of the blade. I didn't want to throw it away so I put in my bottomless box of junk and their it remained for a few years. I rediscovered it when I was 18 or 19 and decided to shorten it, reprofile the tip, and change it from a hollow grind to a saber grind. I put some really crappy handles on it and threw it in my tool box and forgot about it. A few days ago I discovered it again. This time with the handles cracked and barely holding on. So I broke the handles off and now I'm left with a somewhat rough ground blade. The steel is somewhat soft, but it's fairly thick. So I believe it would make a great utility knife. Now my problem is the handle. I've tried to find examples of mixture of a traditional bowie handle and a modern ergonomic handle, but no luck. Given the shape of the blade it doesn't really fit into the fighter bowie or modern bowie. But I don't want to really want the traditional straight handle with a brass guard either. As you can see with the pics there's still some steel to grind so I have my options open still. Suggestions appreciated.

Pics attachedBowie tang.jpg

Back