BSA Adventurer 1980 Camillus #8

So this was the first knife that I ever got back in the early 80's I had to be around 10 years old. I ended up losing it right after I got it. It has always been on my mind and about 5 years ago I started to research it. I found them on the internet and it took me back to my kid days. I have always liked knifes but this is the one that started the fire in me when I was a kid.

I would look for this knife in my yard every day. I had heard during one of the Sunday school prayer lessons about a little kid that lost something and he prayed and found it, I forgot what it was, but when I heard that I prayed and prayed. And, well I never found it like the story that I heard. Well, that was until about 5 years ago when I found them on the internet. LOL I am not sure what took so long to look for it other than I couldn't recall the maker other than know that it was a BSA knife.

Well, I found this on the web and I purchased it for about $150. Now the question I have is did I pay too much from a collector's perspective. I bought it as it is in really good condition and my little kid voice told to do it. I am not selling it just wondering what this is really worth. For me it was worth the $150 but would like to know how much these go for in the collector markets. I know that this is a question that might be pulled off but I certainly am not wanting to sell it or lose it again. Any help would be appreciated.

51281774451_5cb2fa6f87_b.jpg

The lesson to be learned here is that the Internet is God's way of answering your prayers. Whether or not it was His will that you get soaked to the tune of $150 for that knife is something only the experts on this forum can tell you.

Good luck, my son. :)

Just wondering if that is a soaked, fair, good, or great price. Don't need specific value amount.

The "regular" ones that are not marked BSA and are used usually run in the $30 to $50 range.

NIB versions are listed on fleabay for more than than $150 - $260ish and $319ish - but they also aren't moving at those prices.

The BSA versions are less frequently seen, especially NIB/NIP versions.

From a used user point of view, you paid too much.

From a die-hard collector's point of view, you probably paid about what these go for NIB, maybe a little more.

From a nostalgic point of view, if it makes you happy, you didn't pay too much.

Thank you. That’s kinda what I thought. It was purchased from a nostalgic point of view.
it’s a keeper. Full circle 40 years later.

Last edited:
I don't have such a history, so $ 150 is a bit big for me... But since I still do not have this version of #8, I am probably wrong :rolleyes:.

I think it all depends on how specific your nostalgia is. Just a couple years ago I bought this #7 Cam-Lok for $44 off the bay. A decent #8 user should be about the same price. But if you really need the BSA model to be nostalgic over, then "you gotta pay what you gotta pay." It might take you a couple years to find another one any cheaper, and if you figure your expense over that extra time, then you're only paying pennies a day to enjoy it right now.

QuDSnLM.jpg

I say well done!

Back