BT4 Recurve Tanto Combo Grind

Ban

Taking a break from the kitchen knives today and messing around with a BT4 Recurve. Kinda just free flowed and decided to do this combo grind (Hollow+Flat chisel). What do you guys think?

6512686113_a2a3439f6d_b.jpg

6512689365_96d7c09520_b.jpg

As a knife user I really dislike that grind.
As a guy who like to look a pretty sharp things it's pretty freaking awesome!

You've managed to incorporate my two least favourite blade shapes (recurve and tanto) with my two favorite grinds (chisel and hollow).

A great way to show off your skill Ban!

One of your knives is on my "want list" next year Ban. If I can pay off my VISA in a month you'll have an email from me in February.

Looks wicked sharp, but is a bit to much for my conservative mind. :foot:

C'mon guys! Give me a break! It is suppose to look Tacti-Cool :cool: ;)

Parked with slim Red & Blk G10 scales and it'd have Tacti-COOL dripping off of it!!! THAT LOOKS AWESOME Ban!!!!!:thumbup:

Stump

PS: How long is the handle on that thing (Gotta be at least 4.25")? We may need to talk if it isn't spoken for already!!!!

Parked with slim Red & Blk G10 scales and it'd have Tacti-COOL dripping off of it!!! THAT LOOKS AWESOME Ban!!!!!:thumbup:

Stump

PS: How long is the handle on that thing (Gotta be at least 4.25")? We may need to talk if it isn't spoken for already!!!!

Sorry man! Looks like that handle is a hair bit too small for you.

Whoa, that's crazy! Tacti-cool success for sure. It's interesting because it's got that robust stabby front, combined with the fine sharp hollow. And the raised portion of the spine at the tip is a nice touch. I personally wouldn't want to use this knife (not a huge fan of chisel grinds for general utility), but it's got a clean aesthetic :thumbup:

Sorry man! Looks like that handle is a hair bit too small for you.

:(:(:(

Somebody's gonna get a KickA$$ knife!!!!!

We gotta talk about a "knuckledragger-sized" series Ban!!! I'm missing out on too many of these killer little blades of yours!!!:cool:

Last edited:
That's just silly Ban...and I love it.

For real tho, beautiful job on those grinds and overall design. I do like the subtle recurve tanto combo.

It's cool to see that even at your high level of skill, you still seem to be improving with every new blade. Keep it up bro!

:(:(:(

Somebody's gonna get a KickA$$ knife!!!!!

We gotta talk about a "knuckledragger-sized" series Ban!!! I'm missing out on too many of these killer little blades of yours!!!:cool:

I can certainly do a custom larger handled version for you.

This combo grind stuff has got me thinking about my previous 2 combo grind BT4s. Here is the very first one. A blast from the past. It was double hollow ground on both sides and then convexed on the tip and belly. The pics are nicer because they were taken on my DSLR which has since been on a long term loan to my brother.

2905760261_13b83d680e_b.jpg

2905759667_2268da80d7_b.jpg

You know, you'd have a really interesting line-up if you were to put this BT4 Recurve Tanto Combo Grind in a group with your DE Pikals and Tantos, your lil shivs, your awesome lil kiridashi, and your TAC Cleaver :thumbup: Really unique.

6205937342_1df6823d16_b.jpg

6379739207_3fc800361c_b.jpg

6212658298_4eb172a491_b.jpg

5183651703_5382e531bd_b.jpg

5530977741_7623bc9e2d_b.jpg

Taking a break from the kitchen knives today and messing around with a BT4 Recurve. Kinda just free flowed and decided to do this combo grind (Hollow+Flat chisel). What do you guys think?

6512686113_a2a3439f6d_b.jpg

6512689365_96d7c09520_b.jpg

Any chance of making that have a symmetrical grind? Hollow, flat, v, etc? Also, what are the dimensions, steel, and price? :p

You know, you'd have a really interesting line-up if you were to put this BT4 Recurve Tanto Combo Grind in a group with your DE Pikals and Tantos, your lil shivs, your awesome lil kiridashi, and your TAC Cleaver :thumbup: Really unique.

I will see what I can come up with ;)

This combo grind stuff has got me thinking about my previous 2 combo grind BT4s. Here is the very first one. A blast from the past. It was double hollow ground on both sides and then convexed on the tip and belly. The pics are nicer because they were taken on my DSLR which has since been on a long term loan to my brother.

2905760261_13b83d680e_b.jpg

2905759667_2268da80d7_b.jpg

Dude. I love the shit outa this one. Good stuff bro.

Back