• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Buck 101 FS -- sold

bort2.0

Gold Member
Knife and sheath only. No box, no papers

VERY lightly used, I may have cut up a box or two with it, but that's it. Hasn't been carried. Very, very sharp. I had planned to carry and use this for a good long time... But I've realized that a lanyard is a 100% requirement for me with a fixed blade. Such a cool knife... But I know I'm never going to use it, so it's time to let it go.

The date mark indicates it's from 2017. I don't know what the steel or wood is, but I'm sure the Buck enthusiasts do!

Two things to note:
* I lightly hand-sanded the original finish off of the handle, and re-treated the wood with BLO and beeswax. The original finish was kind of glossy and slippery, but I think it handles much better now. (No pun intended.) The photos make it look a bit more brown than it is, the wood color is quite dark. But a nice matte finish now.
* When Buck made this, the wood on the right side next to the brass bolster was a bit odd. It looks like the wood had been sanded down too low there, and they tried to cover it up by applying more finish over it to even it out. Whatever they did, it didn't look perfect or feel totally smooth when it was new. So, when I refinished the handle, I did my best to try and "de-accentuate" the low spot. It's still a little different color, but maybe a little better overall? Jeez this is hard to describe, and hard to photograph... But I hope that makes sense. Really minimal all things considered, but I think someone at the Buck factory had a little sanding blunder, now preserved for eternity. :)

Anyway, a few minor marks on the brass bolsters from in/out of the sheath, and the blade itself is OMG sharp and in excellent shape.

Sorry for the lighting in the photos. We don't get much sunlight in Minnesota in January. Not even when it's 40 degrees and no snow.

$130 incl USPS Priority shipping, via PayPal FF

Back