Buck 110...... a....FLIPPER????

I just read in this month's Blade mag about how Buck 110's will loosen up to where they can sorta be ....flipped....open.

Has ANYONE ever seen this? I think my old 110 has a spring from a Kenworth in it and the release takes a Vise Grip.

I would LIKE to have it open easy, but have seen no sign of how to make that happen yet in 30+ years of owning it.

It is ....HARD..... to open. AND to close.
:rolleyes:

yes, mine has gotten looser within the 2 months of ownership/use. i can do all kind of flip-tricks and blade-drops with it. flicking the blade open with a wrist-snap requires a well-timed and strong snap though, but it works......

the neatest trick i thought was holding the knife by the blade and flicking it open downwards using the weight of the handle, which made it a nice alternative 1-hander...

i can't imagine why yours is still stiff after 30 years (!), maybe i'm just being too rough on my knives........i must admit i USED that 110 pretty hard back then. i recently gave the blade to my kid brother, because the classic lockback-thing just isn't my style.

Back