Buck 110 ceremonially?

David Nowlin

Gold Member
I use a 4dot 110 as my most carried EDC as its my only 110 that has finger grooves. My original is a 2dot and its retired in excellent condition. On occasion i will carry my newest 2017 110 or a new Ranger 112 but if i were going to a very special occasion such as a Wedding or Funeral i would wear my 2 dot original or the oldest 2 dot 2 brass rivet 110 as a ceremonial blade. My ansestors were from Ireland and i think would approve. Just might laugh as its not a fixed blade.

I can't help myself from using one of my nice 112's every once in a while for special occasions. .I call it DUC dress up carry. But I seldom let anyone else borrow a nice one after one insedent with the BG42 club 301.It seems like a Stag 110 would work too!

DUC I like that.
I suppose i could use my Vanguard if i was able to go fixed blade. Mainly the hassel of sitting and having to manipulate the sheath as you sit. And if the suit coat comes off
The 110 sheath isnt so odd compaired to a fixed sheath. People used to seeing cell phones on the belt ao easier to be over looked

I own a ceremonial pocketknife that I pocket carry when wearing a dress uniform or formal wear, but it is quite a bit smaller than a Buck 110! I do like the idea of a ceremonial knife. OH

Dress up carry I used a 500 or a 532 but... I was thinking of useing a 110 stag Damascus from 1990

I really gotta focus on coming up with a Damascus blade. A gaping whole in my accumulation.

I don't use a 110 for special occasions or ceremonies,usually a pearl Ulster given to me from Grandpa.unless it's a hunting or fishing ceremony.

Not really, but I do make sure a Buck is on my hip or in my pocket on the 4th of July.
I actually keep one on me the whole month of July.

Back