Buck 110 - most comfortable folder I know.

nozh2002

BANNED
I just have rediscovered Buck 110 for myself. I bought it before my knife hobby stared and nkeep it in tool box fromthet time. About week ago I decide to post review on my forlders starting from my old knives.
Buck 110 is most comfortable folder I have. The handle shape and weight makes it very controllable - any kind of grips and moves possible; and comfortable.
Does anybody know of plan to make it from different steel - like CPM 440V, CPM S30 V, 154CM?
Thanks,
Vassili.

You can get one built to your choice of handles, bolsters, and blades through the custom shop on the Buck custom shop in damascus, 420, ATS34, and BG42 blade steels or you can even send yours in, and for $35 including shipping they can replace the blade in your choice of the above steels.
I have a couple on their way back from Buck right now which had the blades replaced with BG42 blades, and even one in a partial serrated BG42 blade.
They did a run 2-3 years ago that had BG42 blades in them, and they are outstanding as Paul Bos oversees their heat treating who is one of the best in the world. I have 2 of them, and they are topnotch, and sharp as heck.
Hope this helps.

Larry

As Larry indicated, if you go to Pete's Custom Knife Shop, part of the Buck web Site (http://www.buckknives.com) you can have one built to your specs. Click the link, and look for a little button towards the bottom of the page for PCKS.

One word of caution though, 110's from, Pete's can be addicting. Bring your checkbook, your credit card, and be prepared to add a display case to the office....:D And some food for thought, accordig to Joe, PCKS is undergoing some revision that will add some models to the options. As it stands now you can only customize 110's. We are hoping to see some 500's - 279/277's, and others. I'm sure when the tme is ready, there will be plenty of talk about it here. ;)

When I press Enter - it offers me to install Flash 5.0. When I press Install - nothing happens. When I send mail to CDScomments@buckknives.com - they say "Delivery to the following recipients failed". When I call them - they just record my message.
Everithing against me having the 110 with good steel!
Thanks,
Vassili.

Vassili,

I don't know eenough to help you get the FLASH you need, but I do know Buck has been having problems with the email link on PCKS. When you call, are you calling the main number for the factory and getting Chuck Buck's "Hello Mesage?" If you are, go through the directory, or the operator, and connect with Sarah Buck. She's the one to talk to about ordering from PCKS. GOOD LUCK!!!! The custom 110's are really worth the extra effort to get one, or two, or .... :D ;)

Ok, I broke this curse. The solution for having 110 with ATS-34, BG-42 or Damascus:
call 1-800-215-2825 and ask for Sara.
Thanks, Vassili.

Oh! Thanks Dan, I ordered it same time you post you suggesion. Is she really member of the Buck Famaly? Cool!
Thanks, Vassili.

To avoid any problems what I did was e-mailed Joe Houser for my changeover to BG42 blades on my Model Ti 560, and 186 Ti Takedown with pocket clip, and he kept up great communications with me, and followed the process through til they were shipped back to me. Took a little over a week which is excellent service return around.
I want to thank Joe Houser, and the Buck family for being great on what I wanted done, and making sure I was happy with the whole transaction.
Ourstanding service, and also their custom department does excellent work.

Larry

All I know is the 110FG {and I love the finger grips} is the workhorse of all knives. Everyway and everyday. I love this blade.

I like gravity of this knife. When you hold it in you hand you fill it - any move has different inertia. It kind of improvement filling, like I gain something now. Kind of "Now I am armed" sence. It is not fully mind thing but body recognizes it. I hope you understand what I mean.
Kind of prehistoric flash back - now I am the man not an animal any more, because I have the tool!
Actually 420HC steel on Buck never fail me - it is good. It's just kind of collector thing drive me to have BG-42 blade.
Thanks, Vassili.

I am still waiting for my 110 with BG-42. 1 month and 1 week. Nobody can give me even tracking number :( ...
Thanks, Vassili.

Send Joe Houser an e-mail from his address posted above under his name, and tell him what has happened, and see if he will track it down from their end. He has been great with me like I said, and if anyone can help you he can.

Larry

attachment.php

I'm quite fond of the finger-grooved Titanium-handled version.

Great solution for guard! But such impressive finger grows, may limit a bit knife mobility. I'll prefer same guard with flat bottom. Is it production knife of customized?
:( Still, have no clue about my order. I called Joe - no replay, nothing. I am disappointed.
Thanks, Vassili.

I am guessing that for the next moths until Buck is moved its going to be hard to get ahold of anyone over there..

The knife Phil showed is the 560, a ti handled version of the 110. It has been in production a few times but was recently discontinued.

Vassili, I was in contact with Joe just this week. He does get alot of traffic but he will respond, just be patient. He does a great job and you will be pleased with the results when you are done.
Bob

Vassili,
I just got back in town and read your thread. Could I trouble you to send me an email with your order details? I will see if i can track the order down in the meantime with the information i have.
Sorry for the delay!
Sincerely,

Thank you Joe!

Just got my knife - Buck 110 BG-42 light Birch handle. I like it!

Thanks,
Vassili.

Back