Recommendation? Buck 110 sheath

Hey guys. I have a custom buck 110 coming from the custom shop (finger grooves as well, incase that effects fitment) and I'd like to look at sheath options. I know some craftsman on here make them, but depending on price it may be a deal breaker for me. It's finger grooves, elk no rivers s30v drop point with nickel bolsters. I've got a normal 110 with the black leather sheath so being familiar with that I know it's probably not the best option if I want to be persuaded to carry the knife. I've seen some open style sheaths, some VERY fitted sheaths, e.t.c. what kind of unique carry options are there specifically for the 110 which don't make it a plain to sheath & unsheath during the work day? I sit in an office chair maybe 50% of the day and the other 50% I'm walking around. So not having to hear my knife hit the ground if it gets caught on an arm rest or something would be nice lol. Help! I just put my order in two days ago so I hear it'll be at least 3 weeks until it potentially arrives. So a sheath would be nice to have here. I did select the tan sheath so at least it's a color I like.

I like the looks of some of them "cross draw" sheaths.
(If I got one, I'd get one for a "lefty" since it goes on the right. I'm right handed and carried on the right hip too many decades to change.)

Just make sure the new sheath uses a loop, not a dad's-gum clip to attach to your belt.

Bump a clipped on sheath and it will probably depart your belt. (don't ask me how I know ... at least it departed in the car and I didn't lose it.)

Last edited:
I found a water buffalo brown leather cross draw sheath made by a man band carl Thomas jr for the 110. It's anybody familiar with this maker & does anybody on the forum make a custom crossdraw sheath in the $0-30 range? His comes in just shy of $30. I'd rather give my money to a maker here but I'm unsure how I'll like crossdraw so I don't want to invest much more than I have to on a custom one until I'm certain I like it. But if someone here can meet that price point I'm all for it!

Does anyone know of a leather cross draw sheath (RH) for a Buck 501? Less than $25 - $30...

You’ll love the sheath. I had one and it was excellent. I got the left handed model and carried it at about 5-4 o’clock with the butt of the knife facing to the right.

It was very easy to draw and replace, the knife never fell out, and it stayed out of the way.

I carry my Custom Shop 112 in a Buck nylon sheath -- prefer those over the leather as they are less clunky and still secure. Can also be carried horizontally. The custom makers here do make some beautiful leather, tho'.

I got the cross draw sheath from Carl Thomas jr in. I got nervous because it was so flat in the package, but it was there! It's very nice. Thicker than I had imagined & also not as pliable as I had imagined. But the knife fits nice. Since I'm up and moving all day I'll wear it at work to get it broken in. Wondering if switching between a finger groove 110 and a non would make the fitment different.

Back