Buck 112 Blade Shapes

I know that the Buck 112 Slim series have a slightly different blade profile than the standard Buck 112.

However, in some photos, it looks like the Buck 112 Pro is a little different too. Is that just because of the images I have seen, or is there a difference?

On a related note, I recently had a Buck 112 LT. The blade profile was significantly different from the standard, as if the belly had been ground away and there was essentially a straight edge from the midpoint angling upward toward curve just below the point. I sent it back for a replacement, so we'll see if the new knife is any different.

Rhino, welcome to the Buck forum. I have seen those blades you mentioned.
They are a modified clip. The last one you mention sounds like someone couldn't sharpen the belly and ground it off trying. If you specified 'replace with a std blade'.
That's what it will be replaced with. I'm not sure they will replace it with the modified clip. DM

I know that the Buck 112 Slim series have a slightly different blade profile than the standard Buck 112.

However, in some photos, it looks like the Buck 112 Pro is a little different too. Is that just because of the images I have seen, or is there a difference?

On a related note, I recently had a Buck 112 LT. The blade profile was significantly different from the standard, as if the belly had been ground away and there was essentially a straight edge from the midpoint angling upward toward curve just below the point. I sent it back for a replacement, so we'll see if the new knife is any different.
I've seen unsharpened blades with a tab just below the tip. Is that whats flat?

Last edited by a moderator:
Rhino, welcome to the Buck forum. I have seen those blades you mentioned.
They are a modified clip. The last one you mention sounds like someone couldn't sharpen the belly and ground it off trying. If you specified 'replace with a std blade'.
That's what it will be replaced with. I'm not sure they will replace it with the modified clip. DM

Thanks for the welcome back! It's been a while.

Thank you also for the information. I actually requested a replacement from the vendor. If it has the same issue, I will contact buck to try to get a standard profile blade installed.

My guess is the same as yours. It looked very much someone did their best to correct mistakes made when grinding the edge bevel. I had the same thing with a Spyderco Military, but I wasn't savvy enough to notice or question it until I acquired another Military with a lot more blade. By that time, it was too late since I had been using and sharpening the first knife for while. On the bright side, the edge is thick enough that it's never going to roll or chip!

I just compared my 112LT with my 2020 112FG. The blades are almost exactly the same shape. If anything, the LT is ever so slightly wider from spine to edge, at least toward the tang end of the blade.

I just compared my 112LT with my 2020 112FG. The blades are almost exactly the same shape. If anything, the LT is ever so slightly wider from spine to edge, at least toward the tang end of the blade.

That's good to know! Now I have a better idea of what to expect.

I finally received the replacement for the Buck 112 LT. Woo-hoo! (it took way too long and required way too much effort)

That's the good news. The less good news is that the blade is (based on my memory) virtually identical to the knife I returned. šŸ˜’ That means they either send the same knife back to me or the blade shape/grind is just how they come.

I'm not happy with the outcome, but it cuts pretty well and it's light, so it will see a lot of use.

Back