Buck 119 tang type?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another reference from Gerber knives glossary> Tang: The portion of the blade where it connects to the handle. Full Tang means that the tang goes through the handle to the Pommel.:)

I do not own a Gerber for well one reason, they are Gerbers! To be honest it is a sales gimmick, they want buyers to believe they are getting a quality full tang knife but that little partial tang can not and will not hold up like a full tang knife, you have a true full tang with your 124LE, I wish you could see the tang on it right next to a 119 tang with no scales and you will see a huge difference.

Full tang : tang is visible around the ENTIRE PERIMETER of the handle

Full Length tang : tang that runs through the hilt, handle and pommel

oh how the omission of but a little word can cause so much confusion and mis understanding.

sources for my info are glossary of terms by AG Russell, and How to make knives by Robert W. Loveless...I believe these two men to be kind of authorities on knife subjects.

If I have offended anyone in any way, please feel free to PM me and tell me...I don't understand the deleted posts...
I was just speaking my thoughts on the subject like others have,
Duane

Not this one.

Well, people delete their posts for many reasons.

It's their post and they know best.

As to the 119, I think it's been made clear that it's neither full tang or full length tang, being that the tang ends before the end of the knife.

Full is full......nothing less will do.

The optimist says my tang is half full.

The pessimist says my tang is half empty.

The realist says full means full.......not ALMOST full.

:)

ethan,

I see you have only posted twice on Bladeforums. If you come to the Buck forum and do research or pull searches from the past and tag responses on the end of them, you may be better served if you would just ask a question in a new thread.

If you need to ask a question on Buck 119s please start a new thread and ask the question. Active forum members will be glad to give you there knowledge.

This old thread became a discussion on how many angels would fit on the head of a pin, ask a good question to current members.

300Bucks, Moderator

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back