Buck 186 Titanium

Recently I purchased a 186 titanium, the one that unscrews apart. it is missing the pocket clip and I am assuming the screws to hold it on. Any leads for a replacement? I saw a custom one made of copper and I would not even be opposed to that.

The clip is actually a belt clip designed to be worn outside the belt on the right hand side. The #5X40TPI cap screws come in different lengths depending upon whether the clip and/or the field tool is/are mounted. The 1st knife uses 3/8” and 3/8”. The 2nd uses 3/8’ and 1/2”. The 3rd knife uses 5/8” and 5/8”. The 4th uses 5/8” and 3/4”. The rocker pivot screw is 3/8”, and the blade pivot screw is 3/8”.

IMG_4848.png

Last edited:
I don't know why I did not think of variants to this knife Mine is a 186>
I figure the clips are like hens teeth any source?

186> is the code for 1986, the year the 186 was produced. It came with 4 extra screws to enable all the configurations. The field tool was included as well as a blade cover to make assembly and disassembly safer. The original screws were black oxide coated. I switch my screws to stainless.IMG_4857.pngIMG_4855.png

I don't know why I did not think of variants to this knife Mine is a 186>
I figure the clips are like hens teeth any source?
If you don’t find a source for the clip here, I recommend asking on the BCCI forum if you happen to be a member or care to sign up.

Back