Recommendation? Buck 301, make it a user?

I see folks do both ways. some that have that knife, collect it only. some use it.

I have one. mines setup to be a user. i don't use it much cause I rarely if ever carry it.....but if I was gonna carry it more, I'd use it more.

its a one of a kind never gonna be made again...so you decide.

I have a NIB buck 301 stag (2018 forum knife). Are these knives users or more of a collectible?
Yes...
1k1w5Mu.jpg

"Who are you saving it for?" is my favorite quote from my wife when I was trying to decide what to do with my 2007 BCCI Elk 111..It WILL last a lifetime and can be passed down after that. Every time you use it you will enjoy the feeling of satisfaction you get from a high quality tool and American made at that.

I vote use it. Might as well. I definitely use mine. I like the two blades in that size frame (better than I like the 3 blades even), so I use mine. You can always send it to the spa later if you want it to look fancy new again.

I'm carrying it in a pocket slip I bought for it but it's too loose. Already came out of my pocket and was sitting in the car when I went back out. Didn't even know I lost it (I never lose knives, seriously). So, does anybody have a recommendation for a pocket slip with a pocket clip on it that fits these knives well and holds onto the pocket well?

I’d say use it. Only go around once in life. It’s a nice knife.

I was fortunate enough to acquire a couple, so I can carry one, and keep one nib. If I only had one, I’d likely still carry it as its pretty doubtful I’d ever get rid of it.

Mike Latham sells these at CollectorKnives. Forum sponsor and good guy. The clip is magnetic and snaps closed over your pocket solidly. Here is is with my 301 forum knife. I shook it up and down and it didn't come out, so if somebody gets you by the ankles and shakes you up and down, you should be good to go :D

301 slip 1.JPG301 slip 2.JPG301 slip 3.JPG
CKMagSlip5.JPG

To your original question: use it nod.gif

Last edited:
Mike Latham sells these at CollectorKnives. Forum sponsor and good guy. The clip is magnetic and snaps closed over your pocket solidly. Here is is with my 301 forum knife. I shook it up and down and it didn't come out, so if somebody gets you by the ankles and shakes you up and down, you should be good to go :D

View attachment 1638986View attachment 1638987View attachment 1638988
View attachment 1638990

To your original question: use it View attachment 1638991
I like that. How long did it take to come in?

Might make a great emergency compass

skyhorse skyhorse would you please post a photo of just the card that came with the 2018 BF Buck Knives 301? I lost my card the day I opened the box! Would love to print one off. This is the only limited edition knife I ever bought two of, one to carry and one to keep. I carry the smooth elk handled one (top) and have kept the more knarley one in the box. OH
Buck-301-2018-Blade-Forums-Club-Knife-2-1.jpg

Buck_301_-_2018_Blade_Forums_Club_Knife__1_(1).jpg

Back