Buck 532 Remington bullet, any thoughts and Buck 112 custom shop question

To me, it seems like the Buck 532 remington bullet knife does not get much love….from Buck people

is that because it has Remington on the knife?

Also thinking I want a to get a Buck 112 custom made..

comments on either sv 30 blade or mirror polished 420.

it will be for display not use.
for collector value which makes more sense..the sv30 or the mirror polish?

Last edited:
IMHO, mirror polish indicates a higher level of craftsmanship, which would indicate custom.
I have the 532 and the 500 Remington/Buck Bullet knives and don't feel slighted by the Remington name. There are still Bucks.

For me the 532 is more of a gentlemans knife, one for special occasions and Sunday go to meetin kinda knife. They are very handsome with style and they are functional. Size wise I think they are to small and slim for heavy work and more suited for light to medium light work. The only thing is that of the ones that met all my desires for materials and finish were way higher in price than I could justify for a carrying and using knife. So I lost interest after looking for a few years.

As for the Remington knifes that were offered they didn’t appeal to me in their choices of materials and colors. I don’t mind the bullet shield but I wouldn’t feel deprived if they had none at all.

on the 112 custom...its what ya like. for display hard not to like a mirror finish. on using id prefer s30v. value..who knows. im gonna guess....s30v seems to be going away for s35vn and s45vn. maybe it won't for custom shop stuff though? if it does fade away.......

it may drive better value down the road. then again, dont know how many they made and if a steel like s30v will become sought after in Buck knives? without production numbers its hard to guess and be close to right. id say pick what ya like..is your best decision on this one...or one of each and youre covered.😉

on 532 I like this knife. Remington or labeled Buck. price points weren't cheap when they are out. they were rather high. even once discounted better....they seem to hang around longer than I thought they would. we have to assume the 532 wasn't highly popular or Buck would have kept making it. unless it was hard to make and costly etc and ate too much time on the line to make, etc. hard to guess without figures.

its a nice knife but kinda long so not a great pocket carrier. kinda thin for a belt carry sheath...can be done, but 500 carries better in the pocket and 112 or 110 carries easily in the belt in a sheath and both are much cheaper. so its got no real room for it. I imagine both of those reasons, doesn't help it.

Chuck himself said the 532 was his favorite at a BCCI meeting around 2010 at the Blade Show. I like the blade profile and have a 112 Custom by Leroy modified similar to the 532. The "Raptor" was its nickname..
As far as the Custom 112 you want to order mirror polished DOES look great and I especially like it with Nickel silver frames and dark handles like Buffalo horn. When Buck breaks down and will give us the choice to order a drop point I'll order one in Nickel silver, Black Palm wood with finger grooves and no pins. But in your case if there's the slightest chance you will ever use it yourself and/or sell it S30V is the way to go. A S35VN drop point is my all time favorite 112 blade and I would really step up (like $40.00) if only Buck would take my money..

Question to bucksway..
Chuck himself said the 532 was his favorite at a BCCI meeting around 2010 at the Blade Show. I like the blade profile and have a 112 Custom by Leroy modified similar to the 532. The "Raptor" was its nickname..
As far as the Custom 112 you want to order mirror polished DOES look great and I especially like it with Nickel silver frames and dark handles like Buffalo horn. When Buck breaks down and will give us the choice to order a drop point I'll order one in Nickel silver, Black Palm wood with finger grooves and no pins. But in your case if there's the slightest chance you will ever use it yourself and/or sell it S30V is the way to go. A S35VN drop point is my all time favorite 112 blade and I would really step up (like $40.00) if only Buck would take my money..

Other than the steel used, sv35n

is the 112 pro plus red micarter liner worth $100 bucks….?
its pin construction, not take apart, l see and
do the micarter liners make it a better constructed knife, more sidewall stiffness?
do the others 112 slim pros have no liners?

The Slim Pro Plus is a great 112 but only the regular 112 is available in the Custom shop. I don't believe the micarta liners make any difference on the Slim as far as stiffness goes. I think I paid $80.00 with shipping for mine on the bay and was really happy with that because I wanted to really try S35VN and most 112's with it are limited and collectable. I'm not sure if the other Slims have a liner or not but I will take a look. I consider all 112 Slims as users but I do have one or two I display. My Slim Pro Plus was the absolute sharpest knife of any kind I have ever owned out of the box. If you are buying as a collectable look for some of the Limited Editions or one of one Customs as they will hold their value even with gentle use. I have more time than money so I really shop hard for any newer 112 either for the collection or to use

I really like the 532, a Sawby design. I pocket carry it and with a midlock and integral bolsters it's plenty strong.

To me calling it a Remington was chickensht designed to liberate money from collector pockets. The Remington wasn't worth the premium to me. The Buck USA-made bullet should have been a new pattern.

Back