Buck 885 TacLite

I had not seen nor heard anything of this new knife until I stoped into my favorite Army Store here in Dallas and my buddy that runs the place shows me it. I was floored. I have never seen anything like it with a buck name on it. Truly a piece of work. All state of the art construction with all the latest materials. It had about a four inch(?) blade that is needle pointy and razor sharp. If anyone has one, I would like to get some other input. I think it is as good as anything out there and it had a good price under 90.00

If I missed something here about it, could someone post the link? I would like to know if is a colaboration or a genuine buck design. If it is, when can we see more like it?

Cerberus.

Cerberus,
I am glad you like that knife too! It is one of my personal favorties. I tell folks that it has basically everything the Strider/Buck has but in a smaller handle. It did take me a few days to get used to the safety button release but now it is second nature. I am currently field testing a smaller version of the 885--Very nice too!

------------------
Joe Houser
Director of Consumer relations Buck Knives Inc.
Buck Collectors club Administrator and member #123

joe, i also like mine. in your field testing could you check to see if a woman with long finger nails can operate the release button.My wife cant get the 885 to release because the nails get in the way.
thanks guy

I picked up a 1st production run 885 at the Blade show during the BCCI private sale and have to agree that it is one nice knife. The handle shape fits my hand nicely and it's thickness is just right on. It opens smooth as butter and locks up securely with no blade play. Since I am left handed, I usually dispense with the button release and close it as a normal liner lock.

Excellent knife with a good price. Can't wait to try out the mini 885.

Joe or Pete, what happened to the smaller Taclite? I've been waiting and hoping.:)
guy

Just got mine last. Cost about RM144 here in Malaysia. I like the handle and the button. The blade was sticky at first. The salesman say that the liner is made from titanium. Can any one confrim this?

Back