Buck Approach Is it Good ??

tom19176

Gold Member
I am ordering a bunch of knives from SMKW tomorrow, and they have the Buck Approach on sale for $14.99. I have Three buck models 119,and 21 models 110s , and seven other Bucks, so I am a Buck fan, but I have never seen this model...is it good? Is that a good price??:eek:
Thanks

Tom, I bought one and do not like it(cut my finger:mad: opening it, but maybe just me), not comfortable in the hand and it's made off shore, Tawian, I think. I would not buy another:thumbdn:, paid $9.99 at Gander Mt. Preston

I'm not a big fan of Buck's style of serrations - too aggressive for what I cut. If you're looking for something to clip to a harness, look at the short revolution(plain edge for me), I like mine better for that application than the approach.

Gordon

tom19176 said:
I am ordering a bunch of knives from SMKW tomorrow, and they have the Buck Approach on sale for $14.99. I have Three buck models 119,and 21 models 110s , and seven other Bucks, so I am a Buck fan, but I have never seen this model...is it good? Is that a good price??:eek:
Thanks
The one you are talking about is the 751 and it is built in Taiwan. I bought one from SMKW and does not walk and talk like most Buck knives. It is a little chunky. Also a little hard to fit in the hands. The metal bracket in the back is neat and the color of the hadles are vibrant. I don't regret buying any of my Buck knives, but this is my least favorite.

I bought a 175 from SMKW. It is about the same size and material. Much smoother operation, better balance and a much better knife. Of course SMKW doesn't have a 175 right now. I think you may be better off saving the $14.99 and buying another Buck, in IMHO.

Thanks all......I like the several Bucks I have but I do think I will pass on this one ....Thanks

Back