Buck Christmas Tins this year?

ohen cepel

Gold Member
Well, the Christmas trees have been up at my neighbors house since September (no, not kidding) and in Walmart since around 1 Oct so I think its fair to ask if we'll see any Buck Christmas tins/specials this year at Walmart or elsewhere.

I know the White Christmas is out at SMKW and is a cool one! Anything else on the horizon?

Need to budget myself if possible :)

I was at Cabelas this weekend and did not see Buck tins yet. Remington (by Buck? I didn't look closely) and Schrade are all I saw.

I was at Cabelas this weekend and did not see Buck tins yet. Remington (by Buck? I didn't look closely) and Schrade are all I saw.
Maybe your store doesn't have them out yet. Bought a two Buck set without even looking at them. The shelf said made in the USA and a great price. When then came out at home, the package said imported.

I didn't have time to take good pics but this was just the front one. They had this in red and black and 388/385 sets in stag and a red wood. Just thought ud like to know.

IMG_20181109_120943 by B H, on Flickr

Academy Sporting Goods has a Large Red wood Toothpick and Small Trapper pattern set.

Are the Xmas tins the made in China models?

At this time of the year our cultures come together with good food and sharp blades :D:D
a-christmas-story-clipart-chinese-restaurant-10.jpg

4d111070bbcf6.preview-620.jpg

Last edited:
Black Friday is a week away...Any tins show up? Does Wally World still get them?

Sadly no deals on something US made.

I don't want my dad's first Buck knife in 40 years to be made in China, oh well he needs a good multitool so maybe I'll see what Leatherman is up to these days.

The price point for a USA tin would have to be over $30.00 and would not be competitive with China made tins..Buck would have to stress the 'Made in the USA' to justify the higher price and I don't think that's a part of Bucks overall marketing strategy. The USA has had significant inflation since the 2002 to 2008 or so 112/110 when the tins came out and lots of folks just can't afford the $10.00 to $20.00 more ANY USA tin would have to retail for. As collectors we don't choke at spending $50.00 or sometimes many multiples of that for a Buck for Christmas..This year I going to look hard at Bucks web specials for USA made Bucks for my list and I don't think that's a bad idea for Buck to promote on the front page of it's website at least a few days of the Christmas season. Since so many more people shop and compare prices online I bet Buck could do well promoting it's web specials as presents ..Plus They get all the profits!

I know Makael already referred to some of these sets, but not sure if they were on sale or not then. In addition to the discounted prices you can get free shipping - no minimum purchase right now (free shipping ends tonight).

+1 for USA made tins (well...USA made knives - probably not the tins themselves o_O). These maybe a Cyber Monday only deals...not sure.

Right now Dick's Sporting Goods online currently has the Buck 119 75th Anniversary tin on sale for under 50$.
17BKNA75THNNVRSRYCUT

They also have the Buck 110 Folding Hunter Knife Gift Tin for under 33$, but this shows as not available online and only select stores might have them in stock.
17BKNA2017BCBCK11CUT

Another imported gift tin is the Buck Zebra Wood 2 Folding Knife and Tin Package for under 20$ that shows as free shipping (free ship today only).
16BKNUBCKZBRWD2PCCUT-1

Last edited:
Back