Buck Custom Ivory Liberty Knife

Hi,

I just joined the Forum and would like some help from all the Buck experts .....

I just acquired a Buck Statue of Liberty Centennial commemorative knife. It is a Duke, model 500, that has been factory rehandled with Mastodon ivory. There is no shield. The blade has a gold etch of the Statue of Liberty over a banner with the dates "1886 - 1986". The tang is stamped "Buck Custom U.S.A." The knife is not serialized but there is a certificate of authenticity from Buck.

I have tried looking in all of my references, including LG IV, without any luck. Can anyone help me with information on this knife? How many were issued originally? What was the issue price? Was a display box or case originally included?

I have a couple of pictures that I could e-mail to anyone if it would help.

Thanks ......

Hello and welcome to the Forums!
I have never heard of your particular knife. I know of the 500 Liberty but never heard of one in mastodon. Can you tell me what the certificate says? Does it reference the handle material? If you email me some pictures we might be able to find out the story behind your knife.
Take care,

I am not positive which version of the knife you want the info on so I will tell you what i know on both. The original 500LB had an msrp of about $190 and we made about 5000 from 1985 through 1989. It came with a laser engraved wall display unit.
The knife you described is probably the only 500LB with mastodon Ivory inlays. The date the letter was written will give you an idea of when it was made which i believe was 2002.
I hope this answers your questions, nice knife!

Joe,

Thanks for the information. From what you say this may be a unique, one-of-a-kind knife. :)

Back