Buck Fever! (Traditionals)

I've been a long-time Buck fan... As a kid of the 80s, Buck 110s in leather belt sheaths were ubiquitous and I really associate them with a hard-working, do everything knife. I think their 300 series Stockmen are some of the most evolved of their kind, and I love the efficiency of the 305 and 309 (R.I.P.). I've got a reasonably good collection, and with Buck's move to my home-state in 2005, I've got another reason to be a fan. With the attention Buck has been getting with the 2018 forum knife, I thought it'd be nice to have a place to post Buck knife pics... I didn't find one through searching, so if there is one please bring it up.

New Bucks, old Bucks, Swiss Bucks and Schrade/Camillus Bucks ~ let's see your collection! I'll start us off with this 2007 SFO Sambar Stag 309, and a couple of late 70s 500 series. I've got a bunch more in my Buck Box at home, but this'll get us rolling ~

20170129_094257.jpg

20180521_220215-1666x937.jpg

What else do you guys have sitting around?

I've owned this BuckLite 424 longer than any knife I ever bought (1988). I busted the tip on it using it as a screwdriver a good 20 years ago and reprofiled what was left, so it has a pretty abrupt belly now. Still pretty useful, and the lightest knife I own. I carry it when upland hunting.

qnkUrpx.jpg

The only Traditional US made Buck's I have are a few 110's, (4? 5?) a 112, a 119, and a 301.
Other than the 112 (a SK BLADES Lil' Jack) they are all nothing special production knives. (Edit: Almost forgot. One of my 110's is a nothing fancy Wamart Edition 50th Anniversary. End Edit)

I also have (3) 371 stockman's, a couple 389 canoes, and a 374 Large Trapper (Clip point and Wharncliff blades).
I'm not sure if they count though.
There are traditional knives, but were not made here in Idaho ... or in the case of one of my 110's, California.

The only Traditional US made Buck's I have are a few 110's, (4? 5?) a 112, a 119, and a 301.
Other than the 112 (a SK BLADES Lil' Jack) they are all nothing special production knives. (Edit: Almost forgot. One of my 110's is a nothing fancy Wamart Edition 50th Anniversary. End Edit)

I also have (3) 371 stockman's, a couple 389 canoes, and a 374 Large Trapper (Clip point and Wharncliff blades).
I'm not sure if they count though.
There are traditional knives, but were not made here in Idaho ... or in the case of one of my 110's, California.

No sir, this is an all-inclusive Buck thread! If it's stamped Buck and opens with two hands or is a traditional-style fixed blade, it's in! I'm Black Sawcut Delrin is as desirable as a scarce SFO in this thread. Those Chinese Bucks are very well made!

Last edited:
Thanks, Heath. :)
Although I don't think my 877 fixed blades are exactly "traditional". :)
Not sure about my 470 ...

It's partially the camera angle. There's a significant difference in the feel of both knives though. I think the 501 is 3 3/4" and the 503 is 3 3/8"

A favorite. Done by a member and friend over on the Buck forum. Definitely a user.

1B5725B3-6199-44EC-A7E4-CBCC4748B1FF.jpeg 1456E6DA-461E-4AEE-B138-1EE73168F4AA.jpeg DBBF0368-4CC5-4AF9-957A-159FAFAD73D8.jpeg

I like this thread being here in traditional. Hopefully some of the Buck guys come over and share. There are some absolutely beautiful knives over there. :thumbsup:

Second from bottom is my first Buck 110... given to me by a man who was like a big brother to me. It was my hunting knife.
Bottom is one I bought when I went on active duty in the Army. Carried almost every day for 20+ years. It's retired now.
jAsEXD2.jpg

I carry this one most days. My son gave it to me shortly after he went on active duty in the Army. I don't have a recent picture... it doesn't look like this anymore.
ANkKDOC.jpg

A favorite. Done by a member and friend over on the Buck forum. Definitely a user.

View attachment 912692 View attachment 912693 View attachment 912694

I like this thread being here in traditional. Hopefully some of the Buck guys come over and share. There are some absolutely beautiful knives over there. :thumbsup:

That's gorgeous! Is the wood black palm? If so, very impressive, that's tough stuff to work! I love the idea of a slimmed down 112. I bet I could manage a mod like that... time to start scouring for a good used one :D

Second from bottom is my first Buck 110... given to me by a man who was like a big brother to me. It was my hunting knife.
Bottom is one I bought when I went on active duty in the Army. Carried almost every day for 20+ years. It's retired now.
jAsEXD2.jpg

I carry this one most days. My son gave it to me shortly after he went on active duty in the Army. I don't have a recent picture... it doesn't look like this anymore.
ANkKDOC.jpg

Gorgeous 110s! I love the blade profile on the one you carried in the service. I have one that I got when my grandpa passed away, I believe it's a mid-90s vintage, not quite as nice, but very special.

Here's a 309 that lead a hard life before coming to me. I haven't been kind to it since, but it just keeps coming back for more
20180525_201300-1550x872.jpg

Back