Buck Giveaway… because why not!

Badger28

Gold Member
Hey porch friends,

I figured why not do a little giveaway. Up for grabs is a Buck 110. Lower 48 and paying members only sorry. I’ll draw a winner in a week.

One of my favorite things here is the ridiculous generosity. So share a quick story of porch generosity and you’re in!

Wishing everyone the best. This place is a haven.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    264 KB · Views: 2
Thank you for the opportunity, I'll go ahead and enter.

I often feel guilty entering because I have been inordinately fortunate in the Blade Forums giveaways, but I would love to be able to give my oldest daughter a Buck 110, so if I win, that is what I would do with the knife.

One of my favorite personal experiences of generosity on Bladeforums was one of the exceptional knives I have been gifted by glennbad glennbad . The most recent one was when he gave away several older forum knives to people who had some gaps in their collection. The 2013 congress knife was my favorite forum knife ever, but it predated my time on the porch. Glennbad sent me one, and I just love it. You can see it here with some of its siblings:

20230916_214523.jpg

I'm in, I love the Buck 110 and would love to have one in Ebony 😁 I have been blessed to win a couple of really cool knives in GIZMOMAN's 20th Anniversary Giveaway. He didn't mention what the knives were, so I entered on a whim and was blown away by the prizes! I have seen a lot of generosity among members here. A great place to hang out

I’m in! I was fortunate enough to Win a few brand new case knives on their forum! Thanks for hosting

Very generous of you. 😇👍

I'm not going to enter.
I have a few 110's already.
More than I could possibly wear-out and send in for a SPA and new blade in one ("human") lifetime, anyway ...🤔

My latest is a 60th Anniversary I was gifted a couple weeks ago.

Over the years I've been on Blade Forums, other Buck's I've been gifted are:
A C&C 110 SFO with Brass, "Oak" and 5160. (currently part of my EDC)

A Limited Edition "Racer" 110LT. (Web Special shipped by Buck.)

And a 110 with Brass, Ebony, and S30V, shortly after Buck went back to solid Ebony covers. (Shipped by Buck.)
(A Web special; $2.⁰⁰ less than an identical Custom Shop 110.)

I also have a standard 2015, and (Walmart edition with shield only) 50th Anniversary (I don't have access to the 50th right now, it got misplaced when I got put into Assisted Living) that I bought in 2014 and 2015, before I retired.

An SK Blades "The Gentleman" 110 with NS bolsters & liners, black G10 covers, and a CPM154 drop point blade I bought for a to me retirement present, and to celibrate my dissability claim being approved (not retroactively) after 40 some years, a year after I retired.
I think it was the last one SK Blades had.

a SK Blades "Smoke Jumper" 110 LT (two. 1 misplaced during my (likely) last move.)
I bought the second to have Buck do a blade transplant on the 2015.

and a standard production 2005 (also misplaced during the move) I found at a pawn shop somewhere in 2013, when I drove an expedited box truck coast to coast and border to border.

Good luck to all who enter. 👍

Last edited:
I'm not in, but nice GAW 👍
I recently won a giveaway here on the porch, not to mention I already have a few 110's too 🤣
I will share the sentiment though of this being a great place filled with some very generous people. It has blown my mind at how helpful & giving everyone is here. I haven't been a member long but I have felt immediately welcomed & a part of the porch.
It's been great to see how everyone tries to look out for others here & seeing all the generosity on a regular basis. Anyway, I'll stop my rambling 😉

Good luck y'all!

Wow, my first time here I have to say I'm impressed with the level of kindness demonstrated on this site. I would love to join the drawing. Thank you.

A very nice thing you’re doing, Chris. I have been the recipient of the generosity here on more occasions than I can count. I am not in but thank you for keeping the spirit alive. Good luck everyone.

A “Buck Knife” as the iconic Buck 110 Folding Hunter is known throughout the non-knife collector world, is a must-own for any knife person. A great GAW and good luck to all that enter. OH
(Not an entry for me, I have enough Buck Folding Hunters that I don’t know where they all are!)

Thanks for the chance at that very nice 110! Porch generosity is almost legendary, with giveaways happening regularly, and for very nice offerings like yours, Badger. But not only the giveaways but outright gifts. I myself have been the recipient of three different "out of the blue" gifts from porch friends, and have given a few myself. It happens with great frequency around here. We certainly have a great place to spend some time talking and living knives.

Nonpayer. I have two in a drawer and 5 in plastic sealed metal tins with the 2005 Idaho tang stamp from when I bought them years back. Someday I will sell them for $1 million.

Great gaw. Thanks for your generosity.

Not in, but what a fantastic knife! I also have a few 110's, and can confirm that it's a beautiful animal.

Nicely done Badger28 Badger28 !

My porch generosity story was the time Campbellclanman Campbellclanman had a giveaway in memory of Roland Proctor. He sent me an equal-end Craftsman. The knife is a perfect size for me and one of my most carried last year. Just incredible. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Peanut for scale:

I'm in.. I'm an FNG around here but the warm welcome I've received is very generous. I can tell the porch is the place to be!

Back