Buck Hawbaker (or very close)

This is such a great variation of the Buck 301.

I hope they make this version again with jig bone or nice wood covers.

I am not a micarta fan on traditional knives, otherwise I would buy this. I think the price is fair.

Anyone know - is this a single spring?

-edit- One on the way. I will know soon enough

Last edited:
Anyone know - is this a single spring?

-edit- One on the way. I will know soon enough
Unquestionably 2 spring. They'd have to redesign the spring to make it two blades sharing one spring.
The standard 300 series has a spring for each blade. No blades share a sping; Idaho or offshore made.

FWIW the overall width of a standard 3 blade 301 is about the same as my 2 spring 3 blade Rough Ryder, Marbles, Schrade USA and offshore Schrade. The 2 blade 301 Forum knife is about 1/16 inch thinner at the bolster han a standard 3 blade 301. View attachment 1645867

Unquestionably 2 spring. They'd have to redesign the spring to make it two blades sharing one spring.
The standard 300 series has a spring for each blade. No blades share a sping; Idaho or offshore made.

FWIW the overall width of a standard 3 blade 301 is about the same as my 2 spring 3 blade Rough Ryder, Marbles, Schrade USA and offshore Schrade. The 2 blade 301 Forum knife is about 1/16 inch thinner at the bolster han a standard 3 blade 301. View attachment 1645867
Thank you. That’s the perfect photo to show it.

yeah ... but I neglected to include a 2 spring 3 blade stockman. :(
No worries. Helpful to see the lack of a third liner between the blades, keeping the width reasonably slim.
I never found a good use for the spey, so this two blade stockman saves me a little weight and width.

Yes, the forum knife was a 2-blade Buck 301
2018 BF knife by Buck...
kWEGIwl.jpg

I picked one up, I just hope it has better snap and action then my 18 forum knife. I still use and carry it but it’s lack of snap disappoints me every time I use it.

I grabbed one of these also. I love the black micarta and September is my birth month, always a good excuse to grab a new knife!

Back