Buck Knife Model 970-SP2

bartman2

Banned
Is there a model of this knife not made in the damascus or giraffe bone scales? I like this design but would like to see a more affordable version. Are there any plans to produce this knife?
Anyone know anything about this knife?

bartman2 said:
Is there a model of this knife not made in the damascus or giraffe bone scales? I like this design but would like to see a more affordable version. Are there any plans to produce this knife?
Anyone know anything about this knife?
hi bart
i know of 3 one damascus/giraffe one damascus/cherry and one high polished and fileworked/stag there could be more i havent seen
b2b

I was hoping to find one that may by made of more affordable. I really like the design and would like to have one in my bag. I carry a rather large Predator WSK made by Red Scorpion Six BLADES and was looking for a more of a fighter design and detail work knife.
The Predator is pretty big. can do the detail work with it but looking for a nice compliment to it.
Wish the design had a couple of hole punched through it at the guard like the MOD nightwing.
Just my 2 cents.

jb4570 said:
Hi Bartman,

Keep an eye on ebay and search the web! Here is a stag 970 I saw on ebay. However, you may find it for less if you look hard.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Buck-Knife-970-...ryZ43326QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

jb4570

hi jb yes that is the high polish and fileworked/stag i was referring to i have this and the damascus/cherry :thumbup: out of the two i do prefer the damascus/cherry but not by much;)
i am real interested to see when i get the damascus/giraffe weather i prefer that or the standard cherrywood
i am still busy collecting production knives but i would like some of these 970's with custom scales

Back