Buck Knives latest ad looks kinda...Sketchy.

I just got an E-Mail from Buck with this advertisement in it...

Unfortunate-Buckknives-Ad.png

I don't know what the gentleman in this ad is supposed to be doing with that knife, but when I saw it, the first thing that jumped into my mind was that he was a thug who was either about to slash the tires or cut the brake line.

Yeah, well if anyone judged me by my looks they'd never sell me anything sharper than a popsicle stick. It may be a dumb ad for any number of reasons, but trying to figure out what someone who doesn't really exist is planning on doing in an advertisement is a little shaky.
I dont think trying to figure out who it's designed to market to, and having some fun/ making jokes over an odd strategy advertisement, is shaky at all. to each their own.

Yeah, well if anyone judged me by my looks they'd never sell me anything sharper than a popsicle stick. It may be a dumb ad for any number of reasons, but trying to figure out what someone who doesn't really exist is planning on doing in an advertisement is a little shaky.

I'm legitimately curious just what is going on in this advertisement... I mean, it's a guy crouched down in the dark next to a fancy motorcycle with his knife deployed and his face shaded out.

Last edited:
He meant to reach for a screwdriver or other tool, but it is so dark he mistakenly picked up his toolbox deploy knife ?

TikTok prank about to go wrong

Never learned the golden rule of mechanics - don't try to fix anything in the dark

A master class in marketing. Worst ad ever for a knife / best ad for green bikes

Thank you, I am here all week : )

Last edited:
Can anyone make out what is in his left hand? I tried zooming in, but it gets blurry and my eyes are tired.
maybe that's the point of the knife out..something to be cut in his other hand..

I can't tell the picture is washed out in details and darked out too much

Very simple, he is using his knife as a screw driver and adjusting the kick stand screw. It has become so common the ad department wanted to connect with those who use their knives as screw drivers. 😆. Stranger things have happened! 😂

This ad makes me wonder about the direction of the company—forget hunting knives.

I tried a little photo adjustment and it's still stupid. Of course I can't show my adjustment.

Last edited:
I lightened it up, maybe a bike chain?
Unfortunate-Buckknives-Ad.png

edit part. changed my guess......looking and playing with it more, it appears to be a sheath of some sort

Last edited:
Back