Buck Marauder???

The other day I saw what apeared to be a Buck Marauder? It was sheath knife about 5 3/4 in blade, black matte finish, with a (drop point?)tanto style combo blade, and a nice rubber handle. It sold for about $50. Anyone have any info on this blade? I thought it was a really nice looking knife.

------------------
Though and through the coporal blade went snicker snack!

I think what you saw was our 653 Buck Nighthawk. It has a 5 3/4" blade and the Tanto style piont. Sugg retail is $69.50 catalog #653bx

I hope this helps.

------------------
Jeff "Without data it's just another opinion" Hubbard
JeffH@buckknives.com
www.buckknives.com

You are correct oh great one! I have allowed my eyes to decieve me! Yes it is a Nighthawk. I bought it and I noticed that the tanto edge is cut slightly off center on either side,and the angle is higher on one side than the other. Is this how it is supposed to be? This little flaw gives the knife three different edges. If I can How do I get this fixed.

------------------
Though and through the coporal blade went snicker snack!

[This message has been edited by KNIGHT (edited 11 April 1999).]

[This message has been edited by KNIGHT (edited 11 April 1999).]

Tantos are a pain to grind. If you are not satisified with the grind, send it back... The is an operation to blend these after grind. It is virtually impossible to grind even... A lot of variable affect the grind.

You mean you didn't want three edges? gee try to give something extra
wink.gif

Jeff

------------------
Jeff "Without data it's just another opinion" Hubbard
JeffH@buckknives.com
www.buckknives.com
Watch for Pete's Custom Knife Shoppe on www.buckknives.com

Buck could not possibly have a knife called the Marauder.That might imply other than peacefull use.Chuck might find that to get in the way of ordinary Christian Maurading.

------------------

Now now, ghostsix, if have a complaint, let's make it a little more informative....

Spark

------------------
Kevin Jon Schlossberg
SysOp and Administrator for BladeForums.com

Insert witty quip here

Back